My New Mapex Falcon Pedal's

S

sticks4drums

I picked up me new Falcon pedals yesterday. I have seen these, and tried them in a few stores. They are beautifully made. Shiny black powder coated, and very solid. They have a small footprint for when you are grouping multiple pedals. They come with different weights to put in the beater. It comes with a faster cam and a strap, for those that like strap drive. This all comes in a really handy carrying bag that will actually hold two pedals. You can also get the direct drive option for it that just screws right in, giving you two pedals in one, or three if you count the strap. So far it feels very smooth with just enough weight to it. Time will tell how it holds up. :)

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

Nice purchase sticks. I just got the double version of this 2 weeks ago, and I have to say it is the best pedal I have used or tried. So smooth and quiet and extremely versatile as I have tried it in various configurations so far;
strap/glide cam ,
strap/pursuit cam,
chain/glide cam ,
chain/pursuit.
each with both beater weights.

I have also tried varied combinations on the left and right pedal as well eg, strap on right w/10g and chain on left w/20g etc... tons of options!!

I've been using the 20g weights for practice and love it! I'd like to grab the direct drive add-on and give it whirl as well.

I just recently played a 3 our gig with them last Friday and they performed flawlessly!

Congrats Sticks, you'll love it... :)

I bought mine 6 months ago, tried all the options possible, and funny enough, after almost 30 years of chain driven pedals, my favourite option is the strap drive along with the Glide cam and 10 g weight in the beater.

http://www.falconpedal.com/

Last edited:
Congrats Sticks, you'll love it... :)

I bought mine 6 months ago, tried all the options possible, and funny enough, after almost 30 years of chain driven pedals, my favourite option is the strap drive along with the Glide cam and 10 g weight in the beater.

http://www.falconpedal.com/
I am using them in stock config, which is pretty close to how my 5000's feel. I will play around with them in time. They are definitely one of the nicest finished pedals out there.

Glad you like yours! Congratulations!

I bought Mapex Falcon double pedals few days ago, but unfortunatelly I'm going to return them. They feel sluggish and very unconfortable under my feet compared to Iron Cobra. No matter how much I adjust them but they won't set up as I hope they would.

I think Iron Cobra is the golden mean to me. I had Cobra single pedal, but I sold it because I thought it's not enough for me. After I received my new pedals I noticed it feels much more delightful to play with Iron Cobra. The footboard is wider, it is easier to adjust and so on.. In addition I think it's easier to maintain Iron Cobras than Falcons.

My two cents.

Been wanting to try out a Falcon for a while. I've owned 9000s, 8000s, IC's, Speed Cobras. But I keep coming back to my good old Flying Dragons. Falcon is next on my list!

Guess that is why they make all different kinds. I tried the iron cobra's in the store and did not like them at all. My falcon's feel very much like my 5000's, just a lot prettier, with better adjustability.

That pedal, like mine, Taye XP-1 Metalworks, has only one thing I don't like and that is the offset beater. Since the pedal must mount on the very bottom of the bass drum, that puts the beater off center. I already put my pedal higher than dead center so that the sound is not dead on, but I don't want the beater off center to the side also.

I am using them in stock config, which is pretty close to how my 5000's feel. I will play around with them in time. They are definitely one of the nicest finished pedals out there.
Which 5000's are you comparing to? Single- or double-chain? Accelerator or Turbo?

Which 5000's are you comparing to? Single- or double-chain? Accelerator or Turbo?
I have an old single chain that I wouldn't compare to anything. It is getting kind of old and tired. I was comparing it to my DW 5000 double pedal with the double chain, that I use as two singles on the Monster.

That pedal, like mine, Taye XP-1 Metalworks, has only one thing I don't like and that is the offset beater. Since the pedal must mount on the very bottom of the bass drum, that puts the beater off center. I already put my pedal higher than dead center so that the sound is not dead on, but I don't want the beater off center to the side also.

A recurrent problem with many single pedal designs :(

But the Falcon (or other manufacturers) is OK with the double version, the beaters strike the head with an even space.

I thought that it would be easy to make the foofboard and the drive cam off center and have an elongated clamping to attach the pedal to the bass drum, at least the beater would hit in the center or above, but in the middle of the head.

Back