Nosferatu?

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
I know, it;s weird, im seventeen and have just seen this 1922 film, but i was bored and it came on.....one of the scariest films in my life by the way.
But to anyone who has seen it.

there was a part in it when the guy was having "nightmares", and the music on, i swear sounded like breakbeat, d'n'b music....!!

i spent the last 20mins like a philosopher, thinking about the origins of music today, i have never heard anything like this from the period, i have not been this amazed and been forced to really think about the origins of music in a long time, i'll try and find a link to it!

it was the soundless version

the movie didnt have an actual soundtrack in 1922. the sound the audience would hear would just be an organist. whatever music you heard was added much later. those more popular silent films have a few different soundtracks over the years. such as The Passion of Joan of Arc. (which some say was the great performance by an actor ever.) either way its seriously awesome. find the one with the Jon van den Booren score. its great.

anyway, nosferatu was rereleasd in 2001 with restored picture and a new score. maybe you saw that one.

the movie didnt have an actual soundtrack in 1922. the sound the audience would hear would just be an organist. whatever music you heard was added much later. those more popular silent films have a few different soundtracks over the years. such as The Passion of Joan of Arc. (which some say was the great performance by an actor ever.) either way its seriously awesome. find the one with the Jon van den Booren score. its great.

anyway, nosferatu was rereleasd in 2001 with restored picture and a new score. maybe you saw that one.

probably, even though it said the original from 1922 and was in black and white.......ah well! quality film nonetheless

Dude if you liked Nosferatu, RUN, DO NOT WALK to the video store and check out a little gem of a movie called "Shadow of the Vampire" starring John Malkovich and Willem Defoe, it is one of my top 3 vampire flicks of the last 50 years (and i'm a sucker for vampire and werewolf flicks, good or bad).

probably, even though it said the original from 1922 and was in black and white.......

Indeed, Retro is correct. Nosferatu was a silent movie. The first full-length talkie was The Jazz Singer, 1927.

Dude if you liked Nosferatu, RUN, DO NOT WALK to the video store and check out a little gem of a movie called "Shadow of the Vampire" starring John Malkovich and Willem Defoe, it is one of my top 3 vampire flicks of the last 50 years (and i'm a sucker for vampire and werewolf flicks, good or bad).

well, i'm not actually into the vampire flicks, but there was something really freaky about a silent film, that looked a bit shabby. It gave it a real scary feeling, some modern day horrors should have the edge taken off it and make it look like that

well, i'm not actually into the vampire flicks, but there was something really freaky about a silent film, that looked a bit shabby. It gave it a real scary feeling, some modern day horrors should have the edge taken off it and make it look like that

"Shadow of the Vampire" is a boderline dramatic satire of the making of 1922's Nosferatu with an awesome premise. Defoe should have won an oscar! I'm telling you, go get it!!!

Back