Beyonce lip syncing

See, I don’t even really care about that. For this sort of discussion, we’re talking about entertainers, not musicians per se. If Chic Corea faked it at a live show, I’d be disappointed. If Brittney actually sang live at a live show, I’d be gobsmacked.

Having heard Britney sing live at show (her mic was on and she didn't know it), I think your gobsmacking would switch to disappointment in no time.

Didn't see it, don't want to. Will just say it's not surprising.

Add it to the already existing pile of American entertainment sewage that is popular.

Represents the people at large and their inability to understand, tolerate or discern what is good on their own. The power of all the people on Madison Ave have shoved this trash so far down their throats that they actually believe it's good.

I could keep going but I'll end here.

I was forced to watch the SB halftime show. I don't like a music genre that is 90% dance / 10% singing / 0% musicians playing instruments.

Lip syncing is an attempt to defeat Murphy's Law ("Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"). At a major event such as the Super Bowl or an inauguration, you don't leave anything to chance. We live in a pre-recorded society these days where everyone expects perfection, so lip syncing shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

..and honestly, half the bands I hear SHOULD be lip syncing.

and p.s., Yo Yo Ma faked his cello performance in 2009 at the inauguration ceremony. So yes, even great musicians do it.

I don't remember the year but the super Bowl was held here in Tampa Florida, and because of the hoopla and the big performance, both Whitney Houston and the Florida Orchestra played, lip-synced to prerecorded National Anthem. so Beyonce was not the first.

It's become NORMAL for these events, where you have NO time to setup and NO time to make sure everything is working. The show must go ON.

Sad how it's become but it's true. The only item live, typically, in these settings, is the main performer's mic. And that's if he/she wants to even sing or not.

I was forced to watch the SB halftime show. I don't like a music genre that is 90% dance / 10% singing / 0% musicians playing instruments.

They showed her guitarist, with sparklers shooting out of both ends of her guitar. Must be a pain to tune...

and the .005 seconds they showed Cora Coleman-Dunham playing drums. I think it's who it was, it looked like her. for .005 seconds it could've been me up there...

That show was all about lights, pyro, and hot dancing girls. And Destiny's Child. The verdict is still out on whether or not ANY music was performed that night...

Back