My DW's

lmack2

Hey Guys, well this is my Dw kit, ive had it for about 5 years now, its treated me pretty well.

Specs-

DW Collectors Broken Glass Finish Fly
Maple
7x8-Rack tom
8x10-Rack tom
9x12-Rack tom
12x15-Floor tom
18x20-Kick
5.5x14-Waterfall bubinga super solid snare
5.5x14 Broken Glass solid shell snare
I have 3 other snares that i dont use anymore
5.5x12- DW Curly Maple Snare
5.5x14- Maple Lake Superior Snare
5.5x14- Broken Glass Birch Snare

Hardware-
DW 9000 Single Pedal
All 9000 hardware

Cymbals-

Zildjian A's
14" New Beat Hi-Hats
18" Medium Thin Crash
18" Medium Crash
20" Rock Ride

Zildjian A Custom's
8" Splash
10" Splash
16" Crash
17" Crash
18" Crash

Heads-
Evans EC2's on the Toms
Remo Weatherking

Attachments

• IMGP1156 (compressed).JPG
    IMGP1156 (compressed).JPG
    234.2 KB · Views: 1,434
  • IMGP1157(compressed).JPG
    IMGP1157(compressed).JPG
    302.2 KB · Views: 1,400
  • IMGP1160(compressed).JPG
    IMGP1160(compressed).JPG
    249 KB · Views: 1,478
  • IMGP1163(compressed).JPG
    IMGP1163(compressed).JPG
    221.6 KB · Views: 1,439
  • IMGP1165 (compressed).JPG
    IMGP1165 (compressed).JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 1,394
Really interesting set up! I'm curious how you have your kick/pedal setup there. It looks like it would be hard to reach the pedal, but I like how low and accessible the toms are. Any better pictures of the kick/pedal setup?

Really interesting set up! I'm curious how you have your kick/pedal setup there. It looks like it would be hard to reach the pedal, but I like how low and accessible the toms are. Any better pictures of the kick/pedal setup?

umm ive got long legs so its not too difficult, ive only had it this way for the past few weeks, it makes it easy becuase i play punkish rock,

Im sorry but i cant believe you have such a nice kit and have covered the snare head in marker like a desk in a middle school...

EDIT:

I meant high school, since your 15.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! HOLD UP!!!!

You're FIFTEEN and you've had this set for FIVE YEARS??? Seriously, your parents bought you a DW kit at 10 years of age? Wow! Your parents must either be rich, or you have an endorsement deal because you're a drumming prodigy! Either way, good for you!

Take my advice. Treat your drums well. When you gig, take them in cases and always be careful with them. If not, when you're 25 or so, you'll be kicking yourself. When I was 17, I was clueless and put stickers and duct tape all over my beater kit, because it's what all of the rock/punk/hardcore bands in the area were doing...

Looks like you've taken pretty good care of them so far...

Yeah, im pretty surprised that he ruined his drum head with it.
Im 16 yrs old and would never do that, no matter what i do on my school desk. :)

You should realise the value of it and take more care about, but who am i to judge.

Im sorry but i cant believe you have such a nice kit and have covered the snare head in marker like a desk in a middle school...

EDIT:

I meant high school, since your 15.

people, they're drum heads, who cares? i used to write the date and venue on my snare head right before we started our first song

that tom placement looks incredibly comfortable to play, dunno about the kick since im tall and would bash my kneecap on the 12"er, but the flow from 8 to 15 looks very comfortable and smooth

very nice kit, very unusual set up - but if it works then good on ya, take care of those darlin's gigging and good luck in the band...

I gather the OP is in Melbourne?

If so, at the shop where I teach we have a brand new matching bass drum that I'm sure they'd let go very cheaply. I mean this is the loneliest kick on earth. If you want a second kit PM me and I'll get a price for you. We're in Sydney and could ship it down.

I love the tom setup but I am also curious about reaching BD pedal.

Yeah, im pretty surprised that he ruined his drum head with it.
Im 16 yrs old and would never do that, no matter what i do on my school desk. :)

You should realise the value of it and take more care about, but who am i to judge.

its all good man i got new heads yesterday, they were only that way for a week

I gather the OP is in Melbourne?

If so, at the shop where I teach we have a brand new matching bass drum that I'm sure they'd let go very cheaply. I mean this is the loneliest kick on earth. If you want a second kit PM me and I'll get a price for you. We're in Sydney and could ship it down.

is it 20x18? ill have a think about if it is. cheers

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! HOLD UP!!!!

You're FIFTEEN and you've had this set for FIVE YEARS??? Seriously, your parents bought you a DW kit at 10 years of age? Wow! Your parents must either be rich, or you have an endorsement deal because you're a drumming prodigy! Either way, good for you!

Take my advice. Treat your drums well. When you gig, take them in cases and always be careful with them. If not, when you're 25 or so, you'll be kicking yourself. When I was 17, I was clueless and put stickers and duct tape all over my beater kit, because it's what all of the rock/punk/hardcore bands in the area were doing...

Looks like you've taken pretty good care of them so far...

my dad has an endorsement, and it helps that we're really close friends with john good and his wife

Lovely kit! strange setup with the toms infront of the bass, but if it works for you all is good!

Why all then pen on the skins?

no reason, it was only on there for a week until i got new heads, they were dead as dead could be

Back