Trouble with Yamaha bass drum pedal

hunterde

Trouble with Yamaha bass drum pedal
My Yamaha direct drive bass drum pedal rattles right at the top of the foot plate. It seems like there should be some sort of plastic bushing to create a tighter fit and keep it from rattling. Does anyone know how to remedy this? Or would anyone like to buy Yamaha direct drive bass drum petal. Just kidding

Are you taking about the place where the footboard ends and meets the heel plate? One of my DD dragon singles has seen a good amount of use and the bearings have a lot of give, i can move the footboard side to side a good deal, and it does rattle a bit. Its annoying, but doesnt seem to affect playability.

I have a chain driven dragon as well that is well used but does not have this issue.

No, the rattle is where the top of the pedal meets the ridged bar where on most pedals the chain would be. There is to much play where those two pieces meet and that creates the rattling sound.

I have 2 Yamaha FDDD single pedals ... no rattles in either of mine ...

No, the rattle is where the top of the pedal meets the ridged bar where on most pedals the chain would be. There is to much play where those two pieces meet and that creates the rattling sound.

Its the nature of the design, its sloppy, and those connecting straps are heavy... all of which adds up to the feel of the pedal.

thanks guy, I think I'm going to checkout a new one just to see how much play they have. But, Harry yours has no play? Les, It's amazing how many hot chick drummers there are out there, you're smokin.

No, read again, I said mine don't rattle! . By definition, rattle is a noise. Both of my pedals are perfectly quiet.

Back