Mapex Falcon Pedal Missing from USA Site.

60% off retail, not sure exactly what that is yet, probably around $300 AUD.

You may want to also look at midwestpercussion.com for the pedal. They currently have an 18% discount when you code MY18. The pedal comes out to $335. I got my Mapex Meridian Maples and other gear from them and they were great. Good luck!

I had a problem with my Mapex pedal and it is still under warranty. The clamp that goes on the shaft of the slave pedal underneath the cam suddenly lost its grip and won't maintain a hold anymore. Bad design IMHO. Mapex sales and customer service tells me they are unveiling the re-design at Winter NAMM this upcoming week. They start stocking them in February and offered to exchange for the new one. They responded to me in 1 day. The company has great customer service

Attachments

• 2013-01-21-19.39.00.jpg
    2013-01-21-19.39.00.jpg
    782.5 KB · Views: 1,534
I had a problem with my Mapex pedal and it is still under warranty. The clamp that goes on the shaft of the slave pedal underneath the cam suddenly lost its grip and won't maintain a hold anymore. Bad design IMHO. Mapex sales and customer service tells me they are unveiling the re-design at Winter NAMM this upcoming week. They start stocking them in February and offered to exchange for the new one. They responded to me in 1 day. The company has great customer service

Curious to know if it was making a clicking sound? My left pedal clicks, all tension rods are tight, I was thinking it was something to do with the shaft or bearings in the slave..

Curious to know if it was making a clicking sound? My left pedal clicks, all tension rods are tight, I was thinking it was something to do with the shaft or bearings in the slave..

My main pedal has now developed a "click" feel. It's not audible but I can certainly feel it when playing. I notice it much more when I use the straps. I just sent Mapex an email about this and they are looking into it. They told me they would probably warranty the pedal out.

I think I may have the answer to your problem. Mine was clicking because the spikes (located under the footboard) came loose with playing. Screw them down and see whether the click goes away.

I think I may have the answer to your problem. Mine was clicking because the spikes (located under the footboard) came loose with playing. Screw them down and see whether the click goes away.

Thanks for the advise Dre, but my issue is coming from the heal plate joint. I did look at the spikes when I was trying to troubleshoot it at first.

Did you ever get a response from Matt @ Mapex?

He just told me to get in touch with the local first but it doesn't matter now, I fixes it myself (just screwed the spikes down). I ordered a dw9002 today but I do still think this pedal is good and I will be using it for gigs, I just wish it was shortboard. I hope mapex fix your pedal.

http://mapex.co.uk/news/falcon-line-decends

Interesting. I guess this confirms the Falcons are not being phased out.

An interesting thing: they're now coming out with stock direct drive Falcons.

http://mapex.co.uk/hardware/pedals/p1000dtw

And to boot, you get both the strap and chain attachments with them as well. They are still selling the normal Falcon doubles too, as per the Mapex UK website. Wonder what the price differential will be.

Also, does anyone foresee prices on these pedals going up?

- Reggae Mangle

Wow. Are the non-changeable cams confirmed? On the Centerstagem post, it says the drive is swappable.

- Reggae Mangle

Drive-swappable means chains/strap/direct drive. The Falcons have had that ever since they came out. They used to have 2 interchangeable cams as well, just like the Pearl Eliminators.

Pedals arent going anywhere, just no more interchangeable cams due to Pearl taking action agains them for patent infringement.

Really? if that's the case, it's a real shame, it's the main aspect which made me buy this pedal in the first place, to be able to try and experiment many type of drive modes and cams.

It doesn't really matters now, I've got mine and I'm very happy with it, but it's a shame to loose such a package offering, I wish many more brands would offer interchangeable drive modes and cams as standard.

For example, it would be so easy for Tama to offer the Iron Cobra design with both cams, rolling and power glides, chain and strap drives, all into a single package, even if the pedal is about 10% more expensive, it will give the punters more flexibility and choices.

Drive-swappable means chains/strap/direct drive. The Falcons have had that ever since they came out. They used to have 2 interchangeable cams as well, just like the Pearl Eliminators.

Okay, now I have to get my hands on a "lawsuit era" Falcon, lol. That's pretty interesting, thanks for the heads up.

- Reggae Mangle

Just got an email from Mapex customer service about my warranty claim. They stated that they will send me a new double pedal when they are in stock. This will be the redesigned ones. Very happy with the outcome!

HOW DARE YOU GOOD SIR!!!

What about it do you not like?

I like them, but in 2 months i bended 4 beater sticks .... bass head is undamaged and its not that i hit hard..... thats what i do not like about the falcon :(

Back