Anyone heard of the double-single pedal? "The Duelist"?

I have one and thought it would be wonderful..however, I have thought of selling it. I only use the "double" pedal on one song with the band, and it takes lots of practice to get to where you can control it well. I DON't like it as a single pedal, it seems cumbersome to me. I have adjusted it many times and can't seem to get the feel I want. Since I've been using it on my edrums I want to try it out on my new acoustics, but I don't think it will make much difference.
I think the pedal is WAY more expensive than it should be, but that's my opinion. I have a cheap PDP pedal that has smoother feel than it.
I guess I haven't totally decided which pedal I'll use. I don't guess I've ever played any of the top of the line pedals, but this top dollar one is not worth it to me. I used to have a tama chain drive pedal and it worked fine for 20 years, no problems. I am unsure this will last 1/2 that long.
Hope this helps your decision.

Melinda

if you decide to sell it for a good price, give me a shout. I want to test one out

I wanted to apologize for the tone of my post above. I didn't mean it as an attack on the pedal. Especially one I've never even tried.

It actually looks really interesting, I just don't know why someone would want to spend weeks "getting used" to their bass pedal. Especially if they go to a gig where they have to play on someone else's kit and that person has a regular single. Would the shock of going from the Dualist to a regular single or double be that much since they say it feels so different?

Also, Deathmetalconga, I thought it was just used for quick double strokes but then I checked out some other vids and apparently you CAN do fast single on it as well. This actually made it a pretty nice looking pedal....if only Trick or Axis would perfect it with a better feel and make it easier to adjust...what do you guys think?

Last edited:
It looks like it has a belt drive for the second pedal. Wouldn't a direct drive work better especially since it hits as it comes back up, the direct drive would give a direct response.

I owned one for a couple weeks and returned it eventually. Itself as a single pedal is very nice, the double option is ok. Doing 8th notes with one foot and having sixteen's be heard took a bit to get used to. Plus the switching of the pedal back and forth is too much thought! lol You can however, once you get used to it, keep the pedal on double mode and just adjust how you hit the pedal to get singles out of it, it is possible.

again a lot of thought initially. i wont slam the pedal it is interesting and has its good points.

It looks very cheesy. Kind of like that "tripple bass pedal." I think that's a dualist too. Probably a single dualist with a slave pedal attached.

It looks like it has a belt drive for the second pedal. Wouldn't a direct drive work better especially since it hits as it comes back up, the direct drive would give a direct response.

I'm sure they thought of direct drive. The two straps are made of different materials. I think the secondary beater strap is more elastic and I'm sure there's a reason for it, as quite a bit of thought went into designing it.

Back