Best cymbal case options?

BlakeS

Hi I'm looking for the most protection for my cymbals while transporting them. I have a cheap zildjian case which came with some of my old cymbals, but I think that I also want to use a hardcase for more protection?
What is the best hardcase to go for? The 'hardcase' brand i assume?

Is it safe to assume you have more than four cymbals? (pair of hats, crash, and ride). If you have alot of cymbals, then yeah, a hard case would be what you're looking for. But since I carry a small amount, a Reunion Blues leather cymbal bag is what I like. Since the bag is always with me, that's good protection right there.

Up until recently I used a Zildjian hardcase. It works well for what it was designed for - but what it wasn't designed for is easy access to your cymbals. Since all the cymbals nest into each other, if you want just your ride cymbal, you have to take all your cymbals out to get to it.

Because of that, and because zippers are easier and quicker than a couple inches of threads with a little nut, I've since gone to a cymbal bag. Way easier. I still have the hard case, but I don't see myself using it anytime soon.

somebody said the US doesn't have hardcases??? or do you mean the zildjian ones?

i would go with the skb one, personally. they make real nice cases.

They mean the plastic cases available at www.hardcase.com. These Hardcase brand cases are no longer available in the US. I have a complete set for my drums and I love them. I had a Hardcase cymbal case but I wasn't too impressed with their cymbal case.

I have used a Humes & Berg Enduro case for my cymbals for the past 15 years. It's not compact at all, but it holds many cymbals and provides great protection. I also use an SKB case for my stands and I know SKB makes very good cases so you can't go wrong with them either.

ah i see, hardcase is a brand, never heard of them so i guess that explains why that sentence made no sence to me at all.....

If you're shifting your gear in your own transport, I think the Protection Racket deluxe cymbal bag is the best you can get. Last for years, great dividers, you can get to each cymbal separately, & they don't weigh a ton. I'd only go for a hard case if my cymbals were 3rd party transported in a truck with other heavy gear.

Hi I'm looking for the most protection for my cymbals while transporting them. I have a cheap zildjian case which came with some of my old cymbals, but I think that I also want to use a hardcase for more protection?
What is the best hardcase to go for? The 'hardcase' brand i assume?

the SKB Cymbal Vault and the Gator protechtor cymbal case are great hard cases.

I am no longer buying ANY soft cases, they just do not protect heavy items when they drop or fall, plus over time the nylon and zippers do not hold up.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice, I think im going to go for one of the softcases but im not sure which one yet, I know that I want seperate dividers though.

Back