Pearl Eliminator Problems

BrandonXD

I've had my Eliminator double for... Probably around 2 years now. Condition wise, it's sound. I've looked after it as well as I possibly could, because it cost me a lot of money. But lately, this past week, the cam of my slave pedal has just been flying off while I've been playing. Practice, it's not really a problem, it's annoying, but I can just stop playing, put it back on, and carry on. But the problem started while jamming with the band, and we've got some gigs coming up. It's an impossibility to stop playing while performing obviously, you just gotta live with it until the end of the song.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this issue? The part that holds the cam in place looks perfect as it always has, I don't get why this has started happening

I'll be watching this thread because mine falls out too on the slave pedal.

I think mine is bumping into a leg from my hi hat stand, it's the only explanation I can think of.

I believe there's a lifetime warranty on Eliminators (if you bought it new). Get in touch with Pearl somehow, or maybe start a thread on Pearl's forum and and I'm sure one of the Pearl guys will help you. I've alwayd heard how great their customer service is, so I'm sure they'll take care of you.

my slave cam kept coming out as well. I lost the black one when i didnt notice it fell out at a gig. then i lost the blue one. i think i have the white one in there now and it had stayed. each time i carefully put the cam in and made sure the button thing went all the way to a locked position. not sure whay they kept falling out but it was always the slave side.

So I tried Pearl's twitter, as I've received replies from them in the past. I had to such luck this time. I sent a message last night, and a message a few hours ago, they've been able to retweet other people, but have not replied to my message... Next place I'll try is PDF and see if they have any suggestions/see if I get a reply from a Pearl guy

So after 2 weeks, Pearl finally messaged me back on Twitter. They said that since the pedals are still in warranty, I should contact my local dealer about getting them replaced. They said "best to switch instead of repairing"

Back