New cymbal setup

grahamo87

I took some pictures last night at practice of my new cymbal setup. Kind of dark, I hope to get some better pics soon.

21" A Sweet Ride
24" K Light Ride
19" K Custom Hybrid Crash
14" A Mastersound Hats (With the labels polished off...thought it looked cool)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 401
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 394
Nice. I love the 19" K Hybrid. Too bad I don't have room for any more cymbals and don't have any that I DON'T like...

That is pretty much the same setup i was considering, let me know how it's going. Sounds, blending etc.

Looks great man!

Dave

Big cymbals, tiny drums lol! I was looking at the 24" online last night and laughing. It sounds nice, but where the heck would you put it. I'm lucky if I can fit my 21" Sweet Ride anywhere much less the 22" swish I've got.

the bigger drums are coming. i ordered a bubinga starclassic a while ago.

The sounds blend really really well. they cascade in sound almost perfect. the pitch between the 19 and 21 is almost the exact same between the 24 and 21. Definitely a solid setup that I'm liking a lot. Nice and dark.

The 24 is very trashy. Almost sounds like you're hitting 2 cymbals. You have to be careful when getting one of the 24" light rides. I've heard several that don't have the same sound quality and its frustrating. All cymbals sound slightly different but it seems like the 24" has a wider range of difference. The first one i played sounded absolutely horrible. The second didn't sound much better. I finally found one I like though so if you do get one, keep your eye out and be picky. Don't give up on your first one haha. Its worth it when you find one.

Thats why i was considering the 22" becuase i think its a little more controlable and a little more stable, but i'll see.

Btw sorry for slight thread jack.

Thanks
Dave

Back