MTV/VH1 - Does anyone still watch?

I don't watch MTV. I do watch Video Hypocracy 1 Classic, but how many times can you watch "Poison: behind the music?'

I've never watced MTV. It's just reality shows on, "Americas Best Dance Crew", "16 & Pregnant", and "Teen Mom". I can't stand any of them.
VH1 has nothing I watch.
I can only watch Fuse which usually has a show or two I don't mind. One has Mark Hoppus (Can't remember the name at the moment). Another is about skateboarding.
TV has turned stupid. Comedy Central plays movies no one likes. The only good things are Workaholics, and tosh.0. Everything else sucks.

Maybe these stats will help. As MTV celebrates 30 years,

MTV subscribers in:

1981 2.1 million
1991 54.7 million
2001 83.4 million
2011 100.6 million

Source. Fast Company Magazine, July/August 2011, page 22

Someone is watching. Just don't know why.

I haven't watched MTV or VH1 since the late 80's. I do enjoy Palladia.

IMHO reality TV shows have killed most everything. I only watch concerts, history documentaries, science shows and sports these days. The rest of it is total garbage.

I'll very rarely watch cribs, But I'll watch that metal show, behind the music, and classic in concert on vh1 classic

MTV Canada used to have a decent show called MTV live which was an hour of interviewing a band or two, a sketch, and then a performance by the band. It was great! I remember watching Protest The Hero, Our Lady Peace (it might have been Raine Madia doing his solo stuff though), The Mars Volta, and just a general mix of awesome bands. That was 5 or 6 years ago however, and now it half an hour of shitty skit scenes, Paul is still an intern and they can't seem to find any talent to perform, never mind interview.

Very disappointing.

Sounds like I missed MTV at its height... damn that whole not-being-born non-sense.

-Jonathan

Back