My Custom Snare Lugs.....

ddrumbum

I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited to show you my lastest drum project. My custom lugs for my Yamaha Brass snare drum.

My good friend Mark Burton(Burton Machine) helped design and built these lugs in his machine shop, and told me to inform all of you, that if you are interested in some one-of-a-kind custom lugs for your kit or snare drum, he is ready. You dream it and he will build it.

PM me if you are interested in speaking to Mark.

Now on with the pics, there will be 2 posts full of pics, so be patient please.

Befor
<p>

The Raw Material(5/8" Round Solid Aluminum)
<p>

Lug Holes

<p>
Taking Shape
<p>

The Finished Beauty
<p>

Finished Product
<p>

Custom Made Lug Washers
<p>

My New Beauty

they are gorgeous! how much did it cost? i have been wanting some sleek minimalistic direct single point lugs for my next kit. do you think he could do some?

edit: i love how the middle channel mirrors the channel on the shell.

Last edited:
they are gorgeous! how much did it cost? i have been wanting some sleek minimalistic direct single point lugs for my next kit. do you think he could do some?

edit: i love how the middle channel mirrors the channel on the shell.

Thanks man. Actually he is a good friend of mine, and my guitarist in my band, so he charged me nothing.

I am positive he could create whatever lug design you are after, he has a FULL machine shop, and the skill to use it all.

Man I am so glad you noticed the mirrored channel, it looks so sweet in person.

Just let me know if you want to talk with him, he obviously does not charge to talk over some ideas, so just let me know, and I will send you his contact info.

yea, pm me his email. i am looking for not only a good looking lug but also an inexpensive one, so the conversation may be short. also, im still not %100 on if ill be able to do this set. i would still like to ask him a few questions. how much did the materials cost?

i tried to myspace message him, but he only accepts messages from friends and he doesnt accept music pages as friends... can i just email him? and i cant pm you back...?
thanks man.

i tried to myspace message him, but he only accepts messages from friends and he doesnt accept music pages as friends... ill email him. tell him i did if you could. thanks man.

No problem will do. I will see him in the morning.

sounds good. if you get the chance, can you mention to him about what im talking about?

something like these...

Attachments

• lug-round.jpg
    lug-round.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 7,271
  • lug-hex2.jpg
    lug-hex2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 2,798
  • lug-hex.jpg
    lug-hex.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 2,708
Could he re-do those so that the groove in the lug is the same depth and height as the groove in the snare drum.? I like them a bunch. Maybe you could post a ball park estimate as to what 10 of those would cost. Thanks.

Could he re-do those so that the groove in the lug is the same depth and height as the groove in the snare drum.? I like them a bunch. Maybe you could post a ball park estimate as to what 10 of those would cost. Thanks.

Thanks man,

Actually if I you hold them up, or if I had the camera at the perfect straight on angle, they are matched pretty darn close, we could not make it any bigger, due to the tension rod hole depth, but it is pretty darn close, the horrible picture does it no justice at all, truly.
As far as price, you would really need to talk to him about that, and I am more than happy to give you his email, its [email protected], and you can talk to him, and figure something out. If you like to call him, PM me and I will give it to you

Let me know if you want marks #

Back