Pearl ICON Double Bass Rack?

jondrumming

Hey,

Just wondering if Pearl sells a rack aimed at drummers who play with 2 bass drums, or if they sell an alternative like a special clamp that connects 2 horizontal bars parallel to each other.

I'm quite sure they make a clamp like that, but I'm not sure if they still make it...

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!

yeah, the RJ-50 mini bar

http://www.drumsonsale.com/pearl-icon-6-miniexpansion-bar-p-897.html

you will get your front 2 horizontal bars aligned with a small gap of about 8" between them. Problem is that you have to buy an additional t-leg assembly with vertical post.

Dammit, Pearl, why don't you just make bars long enough to go over two bass drums????

Ugh I know, or just make a simple double parallel clamp!

My band is playing our first gig soon, and I can't get the RJ 50 min bars supposedly there are none available in canada right now, so I'm gonna just go ahead and cut the crossbars down to 36" from 48. I have 2 bass drums and my kit looks retarded with this rack in stock setup. Anyone have any experience doing this, anything I should look out for?

Just make do with what you have, if you can play fine with it how it is right now, don't change it because it may look retarded. People aren't going to hate you for having an odd looking set up, just go for it.

Back