Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Introduce Yourself

real name? Gerardo
age? 17
how long been playing? 5 years
top 5 drummers? Steve Gadd, Vinnie Colaiuta, Tony Williams, Dave Weckl, Virgil Donati
make of drumkit? Tama (Starclassic Performer0
make of cymbal? Sabian, Zildjian
where do you practice? in my drum practice room
are you in a band/s? Yes
covers or originals: originals
what style of music: Fusion, Latin Jazz
favourite take out food? Chinese
country? MEXICO
how did you start drumming? Moby Dick. Period.

real name--Michael Barton

age--47

how long been playing--35 years

origin of user name--a play on the word ambidextrous

top 5 drummers--oh boy...tough one...
1. Ringo Starr (for getting me started)
2. Buddy Rich
3. Stuart Copeland
4. Dom Moio (for teaching me to understand the drums)
5. and 500 others and don't have room for...

make of drumkit-- Trick

make of cymbals-- Paiste, Zildjian, Sabian and World Percussion

where do you practice-- On a practice pad set and on my drums in the basement

are you in a band/s--No...just studio projects

covers or originals--original music recorded in my studio

what style of music--all kinds right now

favourite take out food--Chinese

country--United States

one really odd fact about yourself--I am still alive

how did you start drumming--My oldest sister made me listen to the drum intro of Sargent Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band played by Ringo Starr

OK, Here goes...

real name--Gary Howe

age--40

how long been playing--26 years

origin of user name--A nickname given to me when I was 17. There is only one of me!

top 5 drummers--oh boy...tough one...
1. Neil Peart
2. Mike Portnoy
3. Stuart Copeland
4. Mickey Dee
5. and so many more...

make of drumkit-- Tama ImperialStar, currently building a SCM peice by peice...

make of cymbals-- Paiste, always Paiste....

where do you practice-- In Long Beach, CA

are you in a band/s--Yes, 2 and I have been asked to do several others...

covers or originals--Mostly tributes, Judas Priest and Queensryche. Originals again soon...

what style of music--Rock, Heavy groove or just about anything heavy!

favourite take out food--My Wife

country--United States

one really odd fact about yourself--Too many odd things to list I think!

how did you start drumming--My Uncle plays Harmonica and his band used to jam at his house. I always liked drums cause you were allowed to hit them and they were LOUD!

I have been a lurker here for quite some time. This is a GREAT site!!!!! Sadly I cant download anything to watch from work, it's all blocked....

You can see more of me here:

http://www.myspace.com/thegare

Been lurking & posting for a while, thought it was time:

age? To quote a country wanna be rocker "Too young to feel this damn old!"
how long been playing? 25 years
origin of user name? nickname & part of name
top 5 drummers? Only 5!?! All...few names that come to mind.. Peart, Bonham, Rich, Portnoy, Aldridge, Weckl, Krupa, Hamilton, Morgenstein, Smith, Ken Mary, Animal .... is that five?
make of drumkit? 6 Ludwig, 1 Tama, Hart Electronic, about 20 snares
make of cymbal? Zildjian, 1 Larrie London Sig Ride (Sabian)
where do you practice? Basement
are you in a band/s? Not presently
covers or originals? Both
what style of music? Mostly rock (prog, metal, pop, classic, etc.) country, dabble in others, but NOTHING beats a big fat groove!
favourite take out food? Free
country? US
one really odd fact about yourself? Almost all of my drums were bought used for a sweet "deal" (cheap)
how did you start drumming? Started in on snare in school, got a set, heard "Tom Sawyer" and the rest is.....

Last edited:

age--27

how long been playing-- 2 months

top 5 drummers--
Bill Ward
Stevie Wonder
Dale Crover- I for some reason, forgot him.. sorry dale..

make of drumkit-- Tama SwingStar

make of cymbals-- Sabian

where do you practice-- az

covers or originals--Never Covers

what style of music--Anything

Ive been playing guitar for about 20 years and i cant stand the lack of good drummers in my area. im just doing my part to fix that, so i cant bitch about it anymore.

Last edited:
i am new to drummer world

i am 17 and a beginner drummer i have been playing for half a year now

i am new to drummer world

Age = 23

Been playing for 6 years now, but still doesn't own a kit :(

Loves to play funk, rock, and a little bit of Jazz

Top 5 drummers:

Mike Portnoy
Dave Weckl
Lars Ulrich
Jose Pasillas
Buddy Rich (it's great to be old school!)

Desperately wanting a good drum teacher, and saving up for a Yamaha kit!

Wish me luck!

Hi everyone. My name is Tarek, I'm about to turn 19, and music is my passion! I live in a town called Boring, which is just outside of Portland, OR. I've been drumming for about 4 years now. I also play guitar and have been doing that for 5 years, and I was in choir all throughout middle and high school, which is how I got started with music. I started playing drums for somewhat of an odd reason. I played guitar in a horrible punk band in the beginnings of high school and our drummer left. We couldn't find anyone to play, so I finally said screw this, I'll play... because we had another guitarist. So I borrowed a kit from someone and taught myself to play! I sucked immaculately of course in this band, but we only played for a short time before going our seperate ways, which is when I actually started learning some technique and stepped away from the classic punk boom-chuck. I now consider drumming to be my main concentration, though I still play guitar every day of my life and I write all sorts of crazy music, ranging from jazz to acoustic to metal to idie and some grind core! I love technical music with odd times and innovative harmonies, basically I aim for creative unique music with no boundaries. If you haven't listened to them, check out Between the Buried and Me. They are phenomenal musicians who have inspired me in many ways, and if you're open minded, their music will blow you away! Anyway, I play a Pearl Masters Studio 6 ply birch 22x18 10x8 12x9 14x14 16x16 with a Yamaha brass 13x6.5 snare and mostly Paiste cymbals. I'll post pictures and stuff in the "your place" section when I get a chance. Some of my drumming influences include Danny Carey (of TOOL), Blake Richardson (of Between the Buried and Me), Josh Freese, Akira Jimbo, and many others. Anyway, I guess that's it.

Peace.

I live in England, been at it for about 6 years now. Should be getting my 3007's very soonish!

Love Pearl's hardware!

I'm from musicianforums too. Used to go there a bit now and then

Favourite drummers!? Hmm; in no particular order..

Virgil Donati
Gavin Harrison
Andy Edwards
Dave Weckl
Jason Bowld

real name? Aaron
age? 18
how long been playing? 1 year
origin of user name? rock smiley BB code from another forum
top 5 drummers? uhh...not really sure. 2 of my favorites are Morgan Rose and Dave Lombardo
make of drumkit? Silvertone Pro
make of cymbal? Silvertone...still need to buy some new ones
where do you practice? home
are you in a band/s? no
covers or originals? little of both i guess
what style of music? rock, hard rock, metal
favourite take out food? Chinese
country? US
one really odd fact about yourself? uhh...ive been told i look 12...guess thats odd
how did you start drumming? beating on empty potato stick and pringles cans when i was about 10...joined band and fell in love with the set but never got to play...finally bought my set a while back and ive been playing ever since

how long been playing: 1 year... almost
origin of user name: murdeder's second names
top 5 drummers:Joey Jordison, Mike Portnoy, Matt McDaughtt or something like that(Mudvayne), Lars Ulrich & Paul Koehler
make of drumkit: Mapex VX
make of cymbal: Zildjian
where do you practice: Home, Sessionsroom
are you in a band: Yes, and a proyect
covers or originals: Both
what style of music: Rock/Metal/Punk/Punk Rock/Emo(hard to explain)/70's to 90' also
favourite take out food: Empanadas :p
one really odd fact about yourself: hummm... 16 cm d*ck
how did you start drumming: lookin at a Joey's solos y started to like drums... thinkin it was easy to play.. learning alone, at first not a realy good drummer, but with time I started to became better and bitter

real name? Luis

age? 21
how long been playing? about 6 and a half years

origin of user name? I taught myself how to play and am now bitterly regretting never finding a proper teacher. the search began yesterday actually.

top 5 drummers? Not sure about 5, although Jojo Mayer is definitely up there along with Steve Gadd. don't know about the rest.

make of drumkit? Yamaha Stage custom

make of cymbal? Sabian aax series stuff

where do you practice? In the Rec room in my parent's basement :)

are you in a band/s? Yes

covers or originals? A little bit of column A, a bit of column B. more originals than covers.

what style of music? I practise to whatever music happens to be in my mp3 player which is all styles pretty much, from slipknot to the red hot chili peppers to James brown etc. My favourite style is funk.

favourite take out food? pizza, definitely pizza.

country? Canada

one really odd fact about yourself? I want to make drumming a living and I'm currently studying Accounting :) how do THOSE go together??

how did you start drumming? I saw my cousin play in Argentina when I was 11, begged my parents for a drum kit for 3 years or so, and finally got a westbury 5 piece kit with a ride and hihat, and banged away. the first cd i fully learned was our lady peace, happiness is not a fish that you can catch.

real name? Andrew
age? 15
how long been playing? 4 years, maybe 5...
origin of user name? First and middle name initials and last name.
top 5 drummers? Chad Smith, Bonzo (naturally), Ian Paice, Simon Phillips and Omar Hakim.
make of drumkit? Pearl Export. Just Export in fancy writing, no EX, EXR, etc.
make of cymbal? Paiste PST3s
where do you practice? My room.
are you in a band/s? Yes.
covers or originals? Originals as much as possible though some songs we find too good not to cover.
what style of music? Well there's some funk... and some rock... and sometimes metal through the guitarists. And a little bit of grunge too.
favourite take out food? Pizza, no two ways about it.
country? Ireland.
one really odd fact about yourself? I have an outtie, it's reeeally out.
how did you start drumming? Joined the local samba group that my friend was in when I was 8 or so and after 2 or 3 years I just thought "I think I really, really like this..."

real name? Gordon
age? 46
how long been playing? Actually played 'em hard for 7-8 years and sold out thinking I would get some more drums in a couple of years. Next thing ya know, its been 23 years! :|
origin of user name? From the 1930's comic-book character, Flash Gordon. I was called that from time to time growing up. Later, it evolved into The Flashman for originality and it became my alter-ego.
top 5 drummers? Louie Bellson, Billy Cobham, Dave Weckl, Neil Peart, Zacky Tsoukas
make of drumkit? Previosly Pearl and Tama - Now outside lookin' in
make of cymbal? Previously Zildjian and Paiste - Now outside lookin' in
where do you practice? On a practice pad
are you in a band/s? no
covers or originals? no
what style of music? 70's 80's rock. Will pick up Jazz now
favourite take out food? Pizza
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I'm a bizzarre individual. You can't narrow it down to one odd fact!
how did you start drumming? To impress the girls :)

Real name? David
Age? 20
How long been playing? I don't really remember but I'd say at least for 13 years
Origin of user name? My familyname
Top 5 drummers? Difficult question, I'd probably change my mind as I hit the button...
Make of drumkit? At home: Roland, V-drums module TD-V6.
Real drums: Pearl with an added Sonor drum
Make of cymbal? Ride: Invader(that's all it says), Crashes: Stagg, China: Wuhan, Splash: Zildjian, Gong: Wuhan
Where do you practice? at GMG studios
Are you in a band/s? Crescent Sun & Flitwik
Covers or originals? Originals
What style of music? Mostly rock and metal but also some bossa nova and jazz.
Favourite take out food? Pizza
Country? Sweden
One really odd fact about yourself? I'd say I'm pretty normal but my friends wouldn't...
How did you start drumming? My parents saw a talent in me when I was drumming on the fryingpans in the kitchen when I was a kid

real name?
Jesse

age?

how long been playing?
7 months

origin of user name?
It came to me one day

top 5 drummers?
Neil Peart
Steve Gadd
Buddy Rich
I only have a top 3.

make of drumkit?
Pacific by DW

make of cymbal?
Sabian

where do you practice?
My room

are you in a band/s?
In a jazz band

covers or originals?
both

what style of music?
Rock, metal, jazz

favourite take out food?
pizza

country?
USA

one really odd fact about yourself?
I'm random?

how did you start drumming?
I started because of my ear problems with wind instruments and I needed to find a new instrument to play. I found this instrument that I really love to play now. I think it might be called drums. I'm not to sure.

real name? Cory

age? 25

how long been playing? Rudimental snare- 13 years Drumset- 4 years

origin of user name? my name.... TACP-my job in the Air national guard. Tactical air control party.. we're forward air controllers.

top 5 drummers? Dave Weckl Vinnie C. John Bonham Marcus Baylor Neil Peart Rod Morgenstien. I know its six.

make of drumkit? Pacific FS

make of cymbal? Sabian/Wuhan splash

where do you practice? My climate contolled storage building

are you in a band/s? Church praise band...if that counts.

covers or originals? Covers

what style of music? Rock and Jazz.

favourite take out food? Mexican

country? USA

one really odd fact about yourself? Now days being a Christian is considered "odd" so I'm proud to say that I'm "odd"

how did you start drumming? Marching band and because my dad played.

real name? Joe

age? 14

how long been playing? 10 years.

origin of user name? it's an acronym - The Almighty Joseph Tyler Oakes.

top 5 drummers? in no particular order: Tony Williams, Al Jackson Jr., Dennis Chambers, Bernard Purdie, Chad Wackerman

make of drumkit? Pacific CX Fusion, soon to be Taye Rockpro Classic.

make of cymbal? Zildian ZXT, soon to be Zildian K Customs

where do you practice? Basement. Ugh.

are you in a band/s? http://www.myspace.com/bluelightdistrict, ska-punk-reggae.

covers or originals? mainly originals.

what style of music? Jazz, reggae, ska, punk, avant-garde.

favourite take out food? chinese, all the way.

country? USA

one really odd fact about yourself? Color-blind part-Black Jew with perfect pitch who plays guitar, piano, trumpet, and regular and electric bass in addition to drumming. I'm a statistician's nightmare.

how did you start drumming? I lived with my grandfather, who was originally a band director and had a master's from the Boston Conservatory. He heard me banging on crap and got me a practice pad and trained me non-stop. At 6 I got a student drumset, and that was the beginning of the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back