Let's Fire Andre

aydee

Platinum Member
In this current economic crisis,
we see no alternative but to reduce our staff.

We have to lay off André.

Attachments

• recession.jpg
    recession.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 12,342
Sad but true. Gotta love the way the working world works. Those who work hard get nothing while those who who stand around doing nothing have it all.

Andre probably has an attitude problem. He just doesn't fit in with the rest of the staff.

I once heard a story from a guy, he nearly got fired for working too hard. He was working as a tree surgeon for a municipality.

He must have been making the others look bad.

Yeah, pretty much. He was proving that a team like that could be much more productive when they would do actual work, and if the higher-ups would find out that would mean the rest of the team would have to actually work...

(Dutch municipalities are not known for being hard working organisations, like most - if not all - bureaucratic systems...)

Yea, and after we fire Andre we'll give the other guys there a bonus for saving the company all that money that we were paying him.
I once worked for a large multinational co. The headquarters was located in Atlanta. We had a saying amongst us workers that went like this, "Screw up and get promoted to Atlanta". All of the most incompetent butt kissers wound up there! At least the promotion got them out of our way so we could get some work done.

Yea, and after we fire Andre we'll give the other guys there a bonus for saving the company all that money that we were paying him.
I once worked for a large multinational co. The headquarters was located in Atlanta. We had a saying amongst us workers that went like this, "Screw up and get promoted to Atlanta". All of the most incompetent butt kissers wound up there! At least the promotion got them out of our way so we could get some work done.

Stories like this make me want to finish my studies a.s.a.p. and start my career. Oh, what a wonderful time that will be :)

Anyone seen the movie Office Space?

Stories like this make me want to finish my studies a.s.a.p. and start my career. Oh, what a wonderful time that will be :)

Murphy's Law, "Incompetence seeks its own level! "Everyone reaches their own level of incompetence, and stays there! Those that fail at all levels, Move up the ladder right to the top". Kinda like me and drumming! LOL!

I love Office Space! My only complaint is how the movie turned from a light, fun comedy to a dark, slightly serious "crime-solving" movie.

I didn't think Office Space was dark at all. I had great laughs throughout the movie!

I know a guy who looks just like Milton, except he has no mustache and doesn't mumble like Milton.

Anyway, this may be getting off-topic... even too off-topic for the off-topic thread.

"So if you could go ahead and get things back on topic over here, that'd be great. Mmm'kay? Thanks a bunch, Philly"

How typical, the lower level guys' clearly always digging the company into a hole while the upper management tries to keep above ground ;)

And I don't think I laughed more than a few times during Office Space, but I had a very big smile of satisfaction the entire time. I want to see a graph of national productivity vs. the release of office space and tv screenings of office space.

somedrummer said:
I just heard a story about a guy who was fired from a job because he refused to get high with the rest of the crew...

That was gonna happen to me over "Friday Beers". I worked at a place where on afternoon shift the boys "passed the hat", went for a beer run, and then sat for a couple hours on company time and drank beer. I refused at first, but was quickly told "hey, you're the new guy, and the new guy drinks, or the boss gets told that the new guy drinks on the job. Whats it gonna be?" So I had a beer with them. I figured not having one may just cost me my job, and all these guys had been drinking on the job for how long and they got away with it... Right after my first sip the ring leader says "See, now we got something on ya!" And the rest just laughed...

Long story short, I didn't stay long at that job... Not my kind of people...

One of my lecturers this week told us we should all stay at Uni and get the highest possible marks. Hopefully then we can come back and do Honours, then follow that with a Masters and further post-graduate studies. If we plan it right, we may not have to leave Uni for the next 7 or 8 years!

He suggested that this is a much better route than finishing as quick as possible and entering an ever dwindling jobs market.

Back