My slave pedal keeps sliding forward

I have the PDP DP602C double pedal which is a great pedal but lately I've noticed the slave pedal start slide forward little by little while I'm playing on it. Eventually the chain will start to grind against one of my hi hat stands legs so I have to constantly stop and pull it back while i practice...which makes it extremely annoying. The spurs on it might not be digging in anymore or idk but its getting annoying, it also has velcro on the bottom maybe thats starting to wear out cause it just recently started to do this. But are there any tricks of the trade to stop a slave pedal from sliding forward?

in extremes where spurs AND velcro don't cut it, i stick a 25 lb iron dumbell in front of it (sounds crazy, but i drive around with the dumbell under my passenger front seat for this reason. And of course the emergency roadside bicep workout when i need to get pumped up quick).

A big brick also works

Also, i think several matching double pedal/ hi hats from the same manufacturer(s) mount or lock together. I think DW's and Tamas do.

It depends on the rug beneeth the pedal. A plush rug, i've found, doesnt hold the pedal well enough. I use a piece of short level loop or berber. I actually have a piece of berber that I'm using right now,home depot remnant, that's big enough to cover the whole kit plus the throne. I have a rack. I outline all the positions of my stands, bass drum and pedals on the rug with a sharpie. It makes for quick setup when gigging. It also helps when if I sit behind the kit and something doesn't feel quite right, one look on the rug and I'll know if something has moved. The rug is part of the kit, comes with me all the time.

I was gonna reccomend velcro on the bottom of the pedals but you already did that. It's more than likely the type of rug.

Just replace the velcro.You didn't mention if you use a carpet.You can find cheap indoor / outdoor carpet at Lowes or Home Depot.

Just replace the velcro.You didn't mention if you use a carpet.You can find cheap indoor / outdoor carpet at Lowes or Home Depot.

of course i use a carpet lol

You can buy adhesive velcro in a box that dispenses the roll. After removing the old velcro clean the metal, getting all the old stuff off. The sticky back of the velcro might not be strong enough so you can use a little super glue to supplement that. Let it dry for a day before using the pedal

You can file your spur tips to where they'd slice you open. Get a real fine file and sharpen em up.

There is an item, I believe distributed by BigBang in the US, that is meant to solve that problem. it is basically a big, flat plastic strip with a cup at one end. One foot of your drum throne goes in the cup, and the other end secures to the bottom of your slave pedal with velcro. Seems like a pretty cool idea, though a bit cobby for my tastes.

I posted a thread dealing with similar issues a while back, where I wanted to anchor my Gibraltar slave pedal to my Hi Hat base for consistency. The only option that seemed possible was making a custom, two-pedal anchor plate to be shared between the Hi Hat and the slave.

I'm now going to be converting to an Iron Cobra setup...partially because of the feel/performance of the gear, and partially because of the design forethought from Tama. The actually sell a joiner-plate for anchoring the slave and hat. Between that and the Cobra Clutch, I'm sold...

There is an item, I believe distributed by BigBang in the US, that is meant to solve that problem. it is basically a big, flat plastic strip with a cup at one end. One foot of your drum throne goes in the cup, and the other end secures to the bottom of your slave pedal with velcro. Seems like a pretty cool idea, though a bit cobby for my tastes.

I posted a thread dealing with similar issues a while back, where I wanted to anchor my Gibraltar slave pedal to my Hi Hat base for consistency. The only option that seemed possible was making a custom, two-pedal anchor plate to be shared between the Hi Hat and the slave.

I'm now going to be converting to an Iron Cobra setup...partially because of the feel/performance of the gear, and partially because of the design forethought from Tama. The actually sell a joiner-plate for anchoring the slave and hat. Between that and the Cobra Clutch, I'm sold...

I know this product. I think it's meant to keep the hihat from slipping away but you could modify it for a pedal.

I suggest getting some cordura nylon strap and sewing a ring into it at one end, that would fit under the throne foot. The other end could have something to fasten to the heel plate of the pedal. Maybe Velcro it to the bottom of the heel plate or there are some screws on the bottom of the heel plate you can remove, poke a hole through the strap and re-attach the screw with a washer to hold the strap permanently to the pedal.

On my current pedal setup im using a HSAT930, that connects my pedal to my hihat. Simpel and effective:

You also have these:

The PG80 slave anchor. For the ones that dn't have a HS1000 or 1100 stand.

The HS1100/1000 stands have a velcro bodemplate (with a rubber replacebal plate) working very nice to.

The cheapest, lightest way to keep a slave pedal from sliding forward is as follows:

1. Get a used, probably punctured, discarded bicycle inner tube. You probably can get one from a bike shop for nothing or go look in your garage.

2. Press all of the air out.

3. Tie a knot in the tube about three quarters of the way up the length of the tube so that the O shape becomes an 8 with a larger and a smaller loop.

4. Place the small loop around one of the feet of your throne.

5. Place the large loop around the pedal in front of the spurs and the posts of your slave pedal.

6. Adjust the length by switching which foot of the throne it is on and rotating your throne as needed.

I have one of these tucked in the case of my Iron Cobra's. It has worked for years on any surface. You can use a second one to hold your main pedal and bass drum in place if you are playing on a really hard surface without a carpet, without your spurs tearing up the place.

Back