He obsoletes drum tuners

Never used a drum tuner and really don't plan on it. Novel idea but I think it is a waste of time and money. But then again I am old and grouchy. :)

Good way or not - he presents a method, and therefore the result should be great sounding drums. But ...

Good way or not - he presents a method, and therefore the result should be great sounding drums. But ...

But it's two heads of clear Ambassador and I'm sure he didn't clear the head, just brought it up to the desired pitch/note quickly.

He should have cleared the heads.
That's where the fine tuning comes in.

Also, tuning to a note does not mean he's tuning to the best sound character of the drum.

My resotune is slow.
I could drink half a cup of coffee before it settles on the note.
I suppose it would be faster if I used a saved note setting.

So, I changed the batteries in my RTII yesterday, its been 2+ years, used it at least once a week, say 100 times. It came loaded with DURACELL PRO CELLS. I went to tune up for a gig and the RT just blinked.

With fresh batteries in I was very surprised to see how much faster RT is, noticeably faster.

13-1-18

Just timed how long it took to tune up my 10" tom- 2 min

RT took 1 min to suss out the notes, and it took me 1 min to clear the drum.

My 12" I started from scratch, totally loose heads. Took 5.45 min to get both heads of the drum completely in tune, and this is a used batter head, a new head would've been quicker.

Last edited:
Back