Should I warn them???

Sticks and I exchanged a few pleasant PM's over on Drumchat.com. I told him we have a pool going to see how long it takes before he's banned over there. he already has more posts than I do after a week. I think as long as he's getting his ego stroked he'll be fine. But when the nice comments stop, then the drama shall begin...

I'm getting the popcorn, the large pizza and the director's cut of Blade Runner for this one...

Blade Runner?!? ... that's a bit of an oldy so-so movie Dunc, you haven't got anything a bit more exciting to suggest?

What about "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", it's an old one too, but it seems more appropriate to the topic of this thread :)

Sticks and I exchanged a few pleasant PM's over on Drumchat.com. I told him we have a pool going to see how long it takes before he's banned over there. he already has more posts than I do after a week. I think as long as he's getting his ego stroked he'll be fine. But when the nice comments stop, then the drama shall begin...

Haha. If I was in his position I'd try to get away with a little venting too. These things seem to go two ways - either through "my friend's enemy is my enemy" type bonding or people will tire of negativity. It depends on the crowd.

Happy to see Blade Runner for the sixth time. Always up for the first Matrix movie too. I'm trying to be healthy so I'm bringing nuts, liquorice tea, nicotine gum and a bag of legal synthetic weed. No caged pork on my pizza, thanks. (Bloody hippes!).

If I was in his position I'd try to get away with a little venting too...

+1

I'ts never good to answer/bark straight away to provocative post or topic you really disagree, it's better to vent first, think it over... and then come back, funny thing is, 8 times out of 10, you won't bother to reply once you've calm down a bit, life is far too short.

liquorice tea...

Is that a drinkable substance? ... sounds disgusting if you ask me, and certainly not healthy.

Haha. If I was in his position I'd try to get away with a little venting too. These things seem to go two ways - either through "my friend's enemy is my enemy" type bonding or people will tire of negativity. It depends on the crowd.

Happy to see Blade Runner for the sixth time. Always up for the first Matrix movie too. I'm trying to be healthy so I'm bringing nuts, liquorice tea, nicotine gum and a bag of legal synthetic weed. No caged pork on my pizza, thanks. (Bloody hippes!).

Throw in some ice cream and I'm there! ;)

Dangerous suggestion Mary, if the discussion gets a bit heated, the ice cream might melt...

You know me better than that, Henri...it'll never last that long....lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Henri, liquorice tea is healthy if not overdone. The tea is made from the liquorice root not what we commonly call liquorice, that is mostly aniseed and sugar. It's best, not on its own but mixed with other herbs to add a yummy flaviour.

Throw in some ice cream and I'm there! ;)

Definitely! My freezer is half filled with various types of ice cream (if anyone here visits Sydney in the summer and visits me they'll find that out). I probably should be joining ICA to lose weight - and I don't mean Insurance Council of Australia or International Chartered Accountants ...

Henri, liquorice tea is healthy if not overdone. The tea is made from the liquorice root not what we commonly call liquorice, that is mostly aniseed and sugar. It's best, not on its own but mixed with other herbs to add a yummy flaviour.

Not overdone is good advice since one of the benefit is a laxative effect :)

So it's based on the root of the plant, interesting, when I was a kid I use to chew and suck a liquorice stick in my mouth for hours, until the wood would produce a stringy amount of yellow broken stuff which become tasteless after a while, I had no idea you could made tea with it.

Ok just looked over there for fun and I stand corrected. All of you were right. The guy is certainly well...

When I was on forums a great deal I recall that Drum Chat was where trolls went to rehabilitate themselves, because the primary moderator there was(is) a minister with counseling experience. So he did all he could. I remember Milk/Ludwig guy was over there for awhile too after one of his bannings here.

Wow, this stuff brings back so many old memories...many of them tied into a whole lot of fun. I remember dispatching that Colonel guy like it was yesterday. Sigh, I wish I had more leisure time. I now remember what a time consuming hobby all this was. Back to work.

Firstly, hello Matt! Great to see you kicking around these parts again.

Secondly, I've read that Glen is thinking of going into a joint venture with a drum store - operating as a place to trial kits. I can think of nothing worse. Imagine putting a deposit on a Mapex kit, going to Glen's to try it out and then the inevitable fallout when somebody changes their mind (which they're well within their rights to do).

Anybody here up for it?!

Blade Runner?!? ... that's a bit of an oldy so-so movie Dunc, you haven't got anything a bit more exciting to suggest?

What about "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", it's an old one too, but it seems more appropriate to the topic of this thread :)

Oddly so-so?! Maybe the original theatrical release but the other cuts are just fantastic. It's in my top five and it's probably the easiest to watch of all five, so it's my 'popcorn' film. Now I think about it, the supermarket is still open (it's 3AM) and I'm craving chocolate. I spent all day working on the underside of a yacht and I've just about had it...

EDIT: I was weak and went to the supermarket, bought chocolate, popcorn (I actually did buy popcorn) and some generic Red-Bull like drink. It's now twenty past four.

More to the point, I have popcorn.

Last edited:
Oddly so-so?! Maybe the original theatrical release but the other cuts are just fantastic. It's in my top five and it's probably the easiest to watch of all five, so it's my 'popcorn' film. Now I think about it, the supermarket is still open (it's 3AM) and I'm craving chocolate. I spent all day working on the underside of a yacht and I've just about had it...

EDIT: I was weak and went to the supermarket, bought chocolate, popcorn (I actually did buy popcorn) and some generic Red-Bull like drink. It's now twenty past four.

More to the point, I have popcorn.

One of my faves as well

"Its too bad she won't live, but then again who does?"

Back