new member , new setup

miskins

new member , new setup(saturn)

Hi to everyone ,

As you can see i am a new member , and i want share my brand new setup with you . As i live in a non drum friendly environment , i still couldn't play my drums but i hope i will . Tell me what you think , thanks .

Drums : Mapex Saturn Series ( Galaxy Blue Burst Sparkle )

22 x 20 Kick
14 x 6.5 Snare
12 x 8 Rack Tom
14 x 12 Floor Tom
16 x 14 Floor Tom

Cymals : Istanbul Alchemy Professional

14" Medium Hi-hats
16" Medium Crash
18" Medium Crash
20" Medium Ride
8" Rock Splash

All hardware is Tama .

Iron Cobra Power Glide Kick Pedal Single
Iron Cobra Lever Glide Hihat Pedal
Roadpro Snare Stand HS700WN
Roadpro Boom Cymbal Stand HC74BWN
Roadpro Straight Cymbal Stand HC72WN
Stage Master Boom Cymbal Stand HC33BW
Roadpro Combination Tom/Cymbal Stand HTC77WN
(I need to buy a drum throne.)

That's all , now some pics .

25163440.jpg

75852348.jpg

31726815.jpg

24652029.jpg

69440652.jpg

Last edited:
Hello and welcome! Damn that that setup + finish looks gorgeous!

About that kick drum, if you have played shallower bass drums, how would you compare them to that 20" deep kick?

Going to get Saturns too, but it's hard to choose between all those stunning finishes!

Hello and welcome! Damn that that setup + finish looks gorgeous!

About that kick drum, if you have played shallower bass drums, how would you compare them to that 20" deep kick?

Going to get Saturns too, but it's hard to choose between all those stunning finishes!

Thanks for the words .
Unfortunately i still can't play my drums because of the living environment , so i really can't compare them .

As for the colors , you are right , there are so many great finishes to choose . i thought about the color more than a week , i was between galaxy burst and blue galaxy burst . i chose this one , and now i'm happy . especially when i turn on the lights :) .

As for the colors , you are right , there are so many great finishes to choose . i thought about the color more than a week , i was between galaxy burst and blue galaxy burst . i chose this one , and now i'm happy . especially when i turn on the lights :) .

I have tried to find the best finish for 4 months now! Considering between cherry red burst, blue galaxy sparkle burst, green apple burst and transparent walnut. Cherry red burst and transparent walnut finishes would be the best options because I could still see the grain of the wood. Those sparkle finishes would only hide it. I'm a wood'o'holic!

And of course, chrome hardware! It would bring more contrast to those finishes.

I have tried to find the best finish for 4 months now! Considering between cherry red burst, blue galaxy sparkle burst, green apple burst and transparent walnut. Cherry red burst and transparent walnut finishes would be the best options because I could still see the grain of the wood. Those sparkle finishes would only hide it. I'm a wood'o'holic!

I just have to say that the transparent walnut really does show a great wood grain. As does the mango burst .

I just have to say that the transparent walnut really does show a great wood grain. As does the mango burst .

Yes it does but it's a pity that transparent walnut is kinda dark finish. :( I would like to have a finish which reflects some light, not absorbs it.

Well.. those burst finishes looks stunning. Theres pure wood inside the drum aswell!

i've seen some orions at the drum shop which i bought drums ... they are in a color which really like saturns transparent walnut . yes they are great too , but as i mentioned before , under the lights sparkle finish looks amazing .

i've seen some orions at the drum shop which i bought drums ... they are in a color which really like saturns transparent walnut . yes they are great too , but as i mentioned before , under the lights sparkle finish looks amazing .

Yes, you are right. I quess I have to consider about sparkle finishes aswell. :)

I assume you have had a chance to play your set now. So how does it feel? I'm still trying to choose between all those great finishes!

Don't forget that normal maple really is not that exciting of a wood grain. I would rank it down at the bottom of the pile. The fake Walnut color bothers me because it looks nothing like walnut as far as grain goes. It is just a walnut color stain. Seems kind of boring to me.

Nice kit, and color. It was my first introduction to Mapex when I was looking a few years back. It was used, and there was a new white one with Black chrome hardware. The White one won. The contrast of the white and black is stunning in person.

Makes me want a Saturn... but in Transparent Walnut. Looks classy with the black hardware (which is standard here in Europe)

Don't forget that normal maple really is not that exciting of a wood grain. I would rank it down at the bottom of the pile. The fake Walnut color bothers me because it looks nothing like walnut as far as grain goes. It is just a walnut color stain. Seems kind of boring to me.

Nice kit, and color. It was my first introduction to Mapex when I was looking a few years back. It was used, and there was a new white one with Black chrome hardware. The White one won. The contrast of the white and black is stunning in person.

Belive or not I was thinking about just the same! Transparent walnut looks a bit fake because it's just a stain finish applied on top of a maple ply. If I'm going to order Mapex Saturn set it's not going to be transparent finish. Arctic white with crome hardware would look really classy. Just like Mike Portnoy's Albino Monster kit!

Belive or not I was thinking about just the same! Transparent walnut looks a bit fake because it's just a stain finish applied on top of a maple ply. If I'm going to order Mapex Saturn set it's not going to be transparent finish. Arctic white with crome hardware would look really classy. Just like Mike Portnoy's Albino Monster kit!
Arctic white with chrome. Really? You need to see mine in person. The black on white is spectacular. This isn't a painted black, but a black chrome.

Arctic white with chrome. Really? You need to see mine in person. The black on white is spectacular. This isn't a painted black, but a black chrome.

Yeah I do know that but for some reason I prefer chrome over black chrome. Black - White contrast is just too much for me. :)

Arctic white with chrome hardware would also reflect some light so my room wouldn't be that dark anymore.

Just my two cents!

Back