Green Glass DW

Chonson

Apologies for the shaky pics - took them for another thread but thought I'd post:

dw_front.jpg

dw_behind.jpg

DW Collector's, Green Glass.
14x28
10x13
13x16
7x14

15" Sig Sound Edge, 18" Giant Beat, 24" Giant Beat, 20" Giant Beat, 22" 2002 China.

Nice kit...I don't know how you play with your 13" positioned like that. I guess you get used to it after a while.

Freakin' awesome!! Do have trouble finding bass drum heads?
I'm recent convert from Zildjian to Paiste. I'm changing to an all Giant Beat setup. Currently, I have the 18" & 20" multis and I just ordered 24" ride & 15" hats. Is there a reason for going with 15"Sig v. 15"GB? Just curious.

Beast kit !! i couldn't walk the distance between those toms. Love the kit though.

Tom

GOOD GOD MAN! ...I'd remove bone from my knuckles for sure on that Giant Beat doing a 2 tom fill. That bass drum must sound like God Himself is treading nearby. I'll bet you could stop a swarm of locusts at 50 feet with that thing...I'd so love to lay into that thing unmuffled unported in a grain silo or a castle or even a huge bathroom....Total Bliss.....Ahhhhh

Thanks for the comments - just thought I'd share it for fun.
Actually, the distance between the high tom and floor tom isn't as huge as it looks; it's relatively comfortable. Sure - you're not going to rip from one to the other. I tend to be more of a big-note guy on fills - and even when I want to do some sort of rip around the kit, it just forces me to stop and think about it. So that's fun.

As to the 13" position - actually not as strange as it looks. If it's tilted more it tends to kind of sit at a strange angle, and you don't want to go up higher against the 28, unless you like swinging at drums at or above eye level. :) It's fairly low with respect to the snare but there's enough tip to it that it's an easy transition.

15 sig SE vs 15 GB: I do play the 15 GBs but for what I am going to record in the next couple days I want to get a solid sound on the hi-hat with the foot. After that it's probably back to the GB - which definitely blends better.

GOOD GOD MAN! ...I'd remove bone from my knuckles for sure on that Giant Beat doing a 2 tom fill. That bass drum must sound like God Himself is treading nearby. I'll bet you could stop a swarm of locusts at 50 feet with that thing...I'd so love to lay into that thing unmuffled unported in a grain silo or a castle or even a huge bathroom....Total Bliss.....Ahhhhh

hahaha.....Nice set man.

Holy geeze! Throw a mailbox out in front of that kick drum and just move into it. I can't imagine playing one that big but I bet it sounds incredible.

OK, Mikey is falling waaay behind...two cats have 28" kicks on here now. Anyone going to one-up this with a 30"?

I guess you were trying to outdo Bonzo with sizes like that. Beautiful stuff looks like a great sounding kit. Love the shimmery paistes.

Holy geeze! Throw a mailbox out in front of that kick drum and just move into it. I can't imagine playing one that big but I bet it sounds incredible.

OK, Mikey is falling waaay behind...two cats have 28" kicks on here now. Anyone going to one-up this with a 30"?

Wow,,

I have been humbled!

Someday!

I totally love the set
it is one of my dreams
also, despite what people say about it being weirdly set up, I really dig it

but couldn't you get a big bass drum?
wink.gif

Well, you know, I also play jazz gigs on this kit, so any larger than 28 and I... ;)

Actually the bass drum is the largest drum that can fit in my car. The whole thing actually fits very easily in my car which also fits comfortably in a compact parking space. :)

Mike: you want a 28. Trust me. Huge low end - enough bass to be anatomically hazardous. I am glad I went with the 14 vs 20 depth though.

What wasn't pictured but was part of the order:
9x12, 11x14 tom, 14x18 floor, 18x22 (because I do live in the real world) and 8x28.

Basically I get three configs that way:
28-13-16 or 28-14-18 (the biggest bop kit ever)
22-13-16
18-12-14 (using a floor tom conversion kit).

Back