pork pie throne - ball sweat stench of death?

stellar

Thinking about getting a pork pie circular throne because they look comfy as hell. my current throne is a POS but it is a fake leather type material. the pork pie looks fabric. is this thing just gonna collect ball sweat and store it or what?

Are you playing in your underwear? I love my PP throne, and I've never personally had any kind of smell issues... That said, I don't know how stinky you are. I also know for fact that they offer the same thrones with vinyl instead of the cloth, but I'd say go cloth... It's really comfy.

I use a Roc-n-Soc padded throne when I gig. One time, I was sharing a kit with somebody who, apparently, didn't ever learn how to wipe, and the seat was RANK for weeks, even with Febreeze and disinfectant spray being constantly applied. Lesson learned for me...bring the padded vinyl seat for shared bills. When it's just me, though, I don't have a problem with wiping or crotch sweat, so padded cloth seats work for me...

If you wear tennis shorts and go gonzo underneath then yes, it will collect and putrefy said ball sweat. I'd say wear some whitey tightys.

I don't like cloth tops for this reason, they soak up sweat transfer it to the foam underneath.

Also a throne that's too cushy means there's no support, like sitting on a marshmallow. Your body has to compensate for the movement of softer foam.

Softer tops might seem more comfortable when you first plop down, but due to their lack of support they take their toll as the hours go by.

I don't like cloth tops for this reason, they soak up sweat transfer it to the foam underneath.

Also a throne that's too cushy means there's no support, like sitting on a marshmallow. Your body has to compensate for the movement of softer foam.

Softer tops might seem more comfortable when you first plop down, but due to their lack of support they take their toll as the hours go by.

The pork pies aren't just foam but "memory foam" like a mattress. It conforms to your body by it's weight, and holds you steady once it has compressed. Point being, my PP memory foam is a ton more supportive than any harder-surface throne I've sat down on. I know what you're talking about, though... A regular cushion that's too soft just makes your core have to do more work to stay stable. Same reason I can't stand the bouncy thrones like some of the rock-n-socks.

man that memory foam sounds good. but I need a layer of protection between my nut sweat and the foam. even if it doesn't smell the thought of it will throw me off. think if you used a machine at the gym and never wiped it down!!! what else would be a good throne??

I play in a kilt and my throne doesnt stink like onion-ey ball bag.....you may want to change your diet.

F

Stand up like the dude from the Stray Cats, wear a kilt, and roll commando with the windows open.

This is off topic...sort of...but for some reason my throne always seems to smell of something like fabric conditioner, except that no fabric conditioner has been used to wash the clothes I am wearing when I use it. So where the hell does that smell come from? Me? Maybe I just smell really nice.

Ben, I fly over to the UK every 3 weeks or so and secretly spray it with Fabreze, then I fly home. That's how big of a fan I am. And no, you don't smell really nice, hence the spray, sorry. I hope that doesn't creep you out. :) :)

This is why I've always used vinyl thrones. No real issues with sweat and funk there...just wipe it down.

BTW...grossest thread title of 2013...so far.

That's too bad! I've been seriously considering upgrading to a Pork Pie throne but I play in sweatpants and it sure does get damp down there. Even with a fan on.

Back