Multi-Instrumental people

I can play a bit of piano and bass. I took piano lessons for 2 years before I started playing drums. I sometimes sing in choirs but never solo.

i play guitar and i used to play some other sones but i play guitar for about 3-5 hours and drums about 3-5 hours a day. music is my life.

Me to man, me to. Except I play piano, bass and drums and I don't watch any t.v or play any games and I will eat and play at the same time. The only time I will watch t.v is at night before I got to bed. Music is my life to.

Played the trumpet for about 3 and a half years, put it down for a couple years, and picked it up again a month or two ago.
I've been playing drums for about a year and a half and I enjoy dabbling in bass when jamming with friends and will probably pick one up before too long.

Piano...im ok at it. I've been mucking around on the marimba a bit, not too hard since its just a combination of drums and piano.

I've been playing keyboards (piano) quite a bit longer than drums. Piano lessons started at 10 and I didn't start drums until I was 20. Technically I probably know more Piano since I can read music for that but never learned to read drum music, but I spend much more time playing drums. Still fun to hop on the keys now and soft synths are especially fun.

For some reason, I never had the urge to be in a band playing keyboards, but for drums I definetely do.

I actually just came to drums last fall from dabbling in guitar for like 10 years. Never had a lesson, just picked up a lot of stuff along the way (my college roommate was a sick guitar player, and my best friend is now becoming a very capable player--hence my switch to drums). I have a really basic understanding of root notes, scales and modes--just enough so if like an E power chord is being played, I know where to start playing some VERY basic lead noodling. My left hand is pretty clunky and uncoordinated, but I can dish out some pretty chunky palm muting (metal has always been my thing). I guess I can play bass a little bit (root notes--every guitar player should be able to play at least a little bass by default).

It really helps knowing my way around guitar. I can write riffs, so then my friend can play them and build on them while I play the drums. It's easier to say, "Hey, start with that open E-string palm-muted tremolo riff" than "Hey, do that weird chunky thing you were doing earlier that's kind of fast."

I also have recorded some really basic but many-layered and spacy (read: AWESOME--to me anyway) Ray Lynch/Enigma-style stuff directly onto my wife's Yamaha keyboard. It SUCKS because it has since deleted itself. I'll never remember all the stuff I did for those :(

I agree that guitarist should just naturally be able to play (at least a little) bass
haha

I play guitar and bass. I started learning them before I took up the drums.
And piano, actually, but not very much. That was my very first instrument a long time ago.
Plus I try and become familiar with anything else I can. I play a little bit of erhu and xiao, for example. Oh, and theremin!

...and I have TWO tin whistles.

And a Vietnamese nose flute.

I've been playing bass for a year independetly and piano and singing for a year under instruction. Now that was a greatly formed sentence.

I've been playing bass for a year independetly and piano and singing for a year under instruction. Now that was a greatly formed sentence.

I like your style!

twenty twenty twenty two zero two zero.

Keyboards and drums. Of course, with keyboard synths I can pretty much play any sound so I sort of play guitar, violin, trumpet, flugelhorn, marimba, blah, blah, blah

See "Pretty Baby" for an example

OriginalSimulacrum

wow
that was an amazing video
you're extremely talented
I hope I can one day be able to be that spot on with everything I do

in what order did you record everything?

Oh, that was absolutely not me... I'm much better looking LOL!

No, seriously, this guy is from Italy. He responds to youtube messages (in English) if you wanna write him and ask.

I have played the guitar on and off for 25 years. Self-taught, mostly. In and out of bands through college and for a while after. Set it down when my kids were born. Now that they're closer to their teens, they have developed an interest in music. So I'm picking up the guitar more. And to add to my insanity, I finally indulged in my longstanding curiosity with drums. So I'd consider myself a guitarist first, and a drummer a close second.

I play bass, piano and violin.

But I prefer drumming, seems so much more fun than the above.

Back