Ben Sesar

Alexdrum75

I've stumbled across many difficulties finding some infos about this very musical drummer on the net.

Does anyone know more about him?

Mostly rock and Popular music. Notably, in the mid-nineties, he did a brief year long club tour with Dale Bozzio (lead singer of the famed 'Missing Persons') Went to Berklee. Graduated in 93'.

AlexDrum75:

Really? Is that all you care to know? You wanted information on whom (after researching myself) I consider to be one the most successful drummers of that genre in the last decade. It is true that you've done your research and have only found limited background. I haven't studied much of Mr. Paisley's material, but I did find that Sesar (sea~sir) has been with the project almost since the beginning of the performer's career. You don't see this very often. Not at this success rate. Many kudos on this drummer's career. Looking forward, there is surely more to come. However, I am going to take a stab and guess that if/when there ever came a time for the Ruler and his royal court to part ways... Mr. Sesar (King Caesar...yes, I am a Godzilla fan) would find himself "awakened by fulfilling a prophecy and an ancient song"....aka...back on a Rock throne!?! One to keep an eye on for sure. Best of luck and success...rock or country...to you, Ben...wherever your crash lands!

Last edited:
AlexDrum75:

Really? Is that all you care to know? You wanted information on whom (after researching myself) I consider to be one the most successful drummers of that genre in the last decade. It is true that you've done your research and have only found limited background. I haven't studied much of Mr. Paisley's material, but I did find that Sesar (sea~sir) has been with the project almost since the beginning of the performer's career. You don't see this very often. Not at this success rate. Many kudos on this drummer's career. Looking forward, there is surely more to come. However, I am going to take a stab and guess that if/when there ever came a time for the Ruler and his royal court to part ways... Mr. Sesar (King Caesar...yes, I am a Godzilla fan) would find himself "awakened by fulfilling a prophecy and an ancient song"....aka...back on a Rock throne!?! One to keep an eye on for sure. Best of luck and success...rock or country...to you, Ben...wherever your crash lands!

See,
since I live in Italy even the slightest piece of info about Ben Sesar is godsent!!
'Cause here in this desolate land I'm living in (in the musical sense) I'm a white fly to ask about Country Music, let alone about a country drummer...

My dream would be to go and see a Brad Paisley live show but I think it's a looser because Brad will never reach my country.

There isn't a proper page here at drummerworld.com about Ben Sesar, something I was requesting also for the other great contemporary country drummer Chris McHugh, but Mr. Castiglioni never cared to answer my private messages about it.
Duh...

I wouldn't put it too far off as being a possibility for them to hit your area but your chances would be greater by coming to the states...it looks as if this year is going to be as busy as last year, and he made his rounds quite well in 2007. It's been a many years since I've seen Brad and his crew live but from what I remember, it's well worth the $ spent x10. Back then, he wasn't headlining and I had heard nothing of his name but now, different story. If I find any info for you I will send it your way. Keep the interest. A good drummer needs a good fan base.
peace out!
K

You are right. He is. However, I must say the article does him no justice. There is surely more behind that man as a musician and as a person than the writer/editor/publisher (magazine in whole) chose to paint for it's readers. Was this his first appearance in what is supposed to be the world's no. 1 drum mag? Could it be time for a "SES" rebuttal? Now would be a good time to start that personal page on him here...right, Alex?
K

You are right. He is. However, I must say the article does him no justice. There is surely more behind that man as a musician and as a person than the writer/editor/publisher (magazine in whole) chose to paint for it's readers. Was this his first appearance in what is supposed to be the world's no. 1 drum mag? Could it be time for a "SES" rebuttal? Now would be a good time to start that personal page on him here...right, Alex?
K

I couldn't agree with you more.

It's very cool that BP has his touring band recording the CDs too. I can't listen to Brad Paisley's "Play" CD enough. The drumming (actually EVERYTHING) is just great.

I am anxious for the newest one at the end of the month.

Totally random bit of info here but i believe Ben played with a band out of Berklee called 100 Proof... I still have the clear tape he gave me (he and his brother Steve used to work in my dad's deli in Summit NJ). I know that he also played with a band (for some reason i am thinking it was Jackyl, but i dont know) that opened up for Rush's east coast leg of the Roll the Bones tour. Again, his brother Steve took me and my cousin to go see him.

Ben is a SUPER nice guy, who was especially kind to a nagging hard rock kid (me at the time). Thank you brotha!

Hey rockoSES, if you read this know the Racioppi family is proud of you and please send your brother my best.

Back