Where do you live / where have you lived?

Re: Where do you live?

I live in a boring place called waterford thats in michigan and there is nothing to do except play my drums.

Re: Where do you live?

In sunny San Diego County,California.A place of Sand,Sun,Surf,Girls,Earthquakes and when it rains we look up at the sky,scratch our collective heads,and say "What the hell was that?"

A Boy From CHINA

Hello guys, I'm from China and I like drum so much though I can't play so good!
I found this forum a few days ago,and I feel it's real great.In CHINA rock music is not so popular,and people who listen to rock music are considered as crazy men! I think it's very ridiculous! I think we can make friends and I can learn a lot from you! THX!

Re: A Boy From CHINA

Hey man, welcome. Drummers in general are crazy men, so you've come to the right place.

Where Have You Lived?

I am a native of Atlanta, Georgia and have lived and worked here my entire life, which recently passed the half-century mark. My family roots in the area can be traced back to the late 1700's and the majority of my relatives on both sides have remained close to the area. I did live for eight years in Athens, GA, some 65 miles away or so, while attending university. Chances are good (at this late date) that I will live out the remainder of my days in Atlanta which is fine. It's a great place. Over the many years, though, I have occassionally toyed with the idea of living somewhere else in the U.S. or maybe even abroad. I've had the good fortune to travel throughout the world as well as see a great deal of my own country, and there have been places I've felt a natural affinity for. Each trip has been an enlightening and educational experience but actually living somewhere is a very different thing altogether. I've noticed that some folks on the forum have lived in a variety of cities and even different countries - many have called a lot of places home. I'd be interested in hearing about where members have lived and their thoughts about those places - good and bad. Also, any good musical scenes?

Re: Where Have You Lived?

Well, I've lived in Northern California my whole life (17 years). From what I've seen and heard of the rest of the country, I've started to realize that we've got it really good here. No terrible hurricanes or tornados or freezing weather for multiple months at a time... That's not to say that it's 70 degrees and sunny all year, as we have had i think 300% of our average rainfall this year, levees are breaking, streams overflowing, my front yard is still draining from being filled up with water yesterday.

That said, we have it relatively mild here compared to the rest of the country. I really like it here and do plan on staying here the rest of my life.

As for the music scene, people say that it's really good here. I can't say much personally because I don't see that much happening, but I may just be used to it having lived here all my live.

Norcal is a very relaxed place. Chico, which I live outside of, is the biggest town north of Sacramento, with around 100K people. Traveling through Chico takes a total of 15 minutes, and on either side there are cow pastures, orchards, and rolling hills, very easy to escape to. I live about 5 hours from the Pacific Ocean and 3? hours from ski resorts. It is really an ideal location.

Hope this doesn't sound too much like an ad, but it is really great here.

Really. U.S. MD. Think i was born in NY though. cant remember lol. thats about it.

I lived in Europe until i was about 8.

Last edited:

i've lived in surrey, 10 minutes outside of vancouver for 17 years, my whole life. I hate Surrey, but love Vancouver. I don't think i will move from here unless things get very very ugly here such as growing drug problems and whatnot. I may consider moving to Europe for retirement though. who knows.

Eugene, OR
Anchorage, AK
Eugene, OR
Stuttgart, Germany
Eugene, OR
Columbia, SC
Monterey, CA
San Angelo, TX
Savannah, GA
Cairo, Egypt
Savannah, GA
Sierra Vista, AZ
San Angelo, TX
Harrogate, UK

In that order.

Ridderkerk, Holland
10 minutes from Rotterdam, but probably you Americans don't even know where that is ;)

Stormrider said:
...Rotterdam, but probably you Americans don't even know where that is ;)

Hehe, me and my wife were watching the Rotterdam marathon on TV last weekend, and we were trying to figure out if it was in the former East Germany or somewhere in Romania ;-)

Providence, R.I. till about 16 born and survived
Garden Grove, CA.---16yo till 17
Charleston, S.C. 85-88---Very nice place to live
Bremerton, WA--88-90---Way to wet and cold for me
Aiea, H.I.----------90-96----Really love it here, I almost stayed here to live if I had'nt met my wife
Nashua, N.H.-----96-2000---Perfect place in New england, Voted best city in America to live 3 years in a row and is consisitently in the top 5. 45min from Boston and 1-1/2hrs from the white mountains.
Naples,IT----2001-2002---Got sent there as a member of the reserves after 9/11..had a blast. Missed home but Italy is a whole different way of life. Beautiful
Rochester, N.H.---2002-to present....Really like it here, not quite as nice as Nashua but feels like home. We also toy with the idea of moving to a warmer area (AZ,NV, NM,FL etc) because we like to play golf and ride motorcycles but I really think we will live the rest of our days in N.H.

All these places mostly due to being in the Navy, have been all over the world and cherish the experiences and friends I made along the way.

I lived in Atwater, California til I was 6 or so. I then moved to Missori(sp) and lived there for a few months. I currently reside in Sebastian, Florida a little redneck po-dunk town about 2hours away from any big city and 2 1/2 hours away from the nearest GC.

Wichita Falls, Texas
Kearny, Nebraska
Wichita Falls, Texas

I haven't exactly seen the world.. :)

Back