x-mas sneak peak

gwaco

here are some sneak peak pics of part of jennifers x-mas gifts . boy am i in trouble when the misses wakes up and sees this by the tree ! this may be my last post !!! l.o.l.
anyways, it was to good of a deal to pass up so i just had to .
its a pearl sessions kit ( i'm thinking early 90's correct me if i'm wrong ) it came with the following -
22x16 bass with uni-tilt tom arms
10 , 12, 13, 14 toms
16 floor tom
a pretty rough 14x6 snare (not pictured )
3 uni-tilt cymbal stand ( 2 boom & 1 straight )
2 counter balanced tom stands
nice old pearl snare stand
hihat ( probably was a hi end one in its day )
old , but working kick pedal
and one big throne .
all for the pleasant cost of $275.00 !
it needs some pretty good cleaning , some new hoops , and i'll most likely end up re-wrapping it .
secret gift #2 coming shortly

Attachments

• sessions 007.JPG
    sessions 007.JPG
    316 KB · Views: 477
  • sessions 008.JPG
    sessions 008.JPG
    303.6 KB · Views: 468
  • sessions 009.JPG
    sessions 009.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 472
  • sessions 010.JPG
    sessions 010.JPG
    302.2 KB · Views: 466
gift #2
these will be very special to her as these are the pedals casey has used on tour and to record the groups last two albums ( do we even call them albums still ?) .
so yeah they look like hell from all them miles , but they still work great and i'm i the process of cleaning them up !

Attachments

• sessions 011.JPG
    sessions 011.JPG
    299.9 KB · Views: 468
  • sessions 012.JPG
    sessions 012.JPG
    316.8 KB · Views: 492
  • sessions 013.JPG
    sessions 013.JPG
    332.4 KB · Views: 465
gift #2
these will be very special to her as these are the pedals casey has used on tour and to record the groups last two albums ( do we even call them albums still ?) .
so yeah they look like hell from all them miles , but they still work great and i'm i the process of cleaning them up !

They look awesome. Yes we do call them albums still i think but no-one actually buys them. Very nice presents anyway, one thing i would say is try not to treat her too well, sorry if i sound like a scrooge but i do speak from experience as a spoilt child myself. I suppose a pearl session for $275 is a hard deal to pass up though.

You got all of that for $275!? What a steal, not to mention a fun project once you begin rewrapping them.

These come from Casey Grillo of Kamelot?

They look awesome. Yes we do call them albums still i think but no-one actually buys them. Very nice presents anyway, one thing i would say is try not to treat her too well, sorry if i sound like a scrooge but i do speak from experience as a spoilt child myself. I suppose a pearl session for $275 is a hard deal to pass up though.
while she gets spoiled , she works very hard at school ( principals list every year since 1st grade ) and at home , so she is well deserving of some extra things .
plus we don't give her everything , when she wanted a c phone she had to save up every penny for it , and she did !

You got all of that for $275!? What a steal, not to mention a fun project once you begin rewrapping them.

These come from Casey Grillo of Kamelot?
sawyer , caseys pedals were not part of the drum package deal , they are a totally different deal . the drums came from a pawn shop and the pedals came from casey .
yes its the same casey grillo from kamelot , he has been jennifers teacher for 5 months now and he has become a family friend . just the nicest guy you could ever meet .
anyways , i can't wait to get started on that set !!!

while she gets spoiled , she works very hard at school ( principals list every year since 1st grade ) and at home , so she is well deserving of some extra things .
plus we don't give her everything , when she wanted a c phone she had to save up every penny for it , and she did !

Well that's cool then, i'm a crap student and my dad did pay for my phone, although it was only £20 lol. So i guess that's the difference.

sawyer , caseys pedals were not part of the drum package deal , they are a totally different deal . the drums came from a pawn shop and the pedals came from casey .
yes its the same casey grillo from kamelot , he has been jennifers teacher for 5 months now and he has become a family friend . just the nicest guy you could ever meet .
anyways , i can't wait to get started on that set !!!

Sorry, I must have copied "these" from your post with the pedal pictures; I should have specified.

That's really cool! I'm a fan of Ghost Opera myself.

Be sure to post about your project, I'm sure it will be fun to follow along as well...

Back