My Brand New DIXON Demon 6 Piece.

asmodia255

I have here a brand new DIXON Demon 6 piece. This is a brand new line of drums being offered by the Kaman Music Corporation (Sabian, Gretch, Gibraltar). This is there mid level kit made of 7ply Birch/Mahogany with 45 degree bearing edges.

DixonDrums.jpg

DixonDrums4.jpg

DixonDrums3.jpg

The set is as follows:

Drums
22X20 Virgin bass drum
6X13 Snare w/Evans G1 Coated batter, standard resonant head.
7X10 Tom w/Evans EC1 Coated batter, G1 resonant
8X12 Tom w/Evans EC2 Coated batter, G1 resonant
12x14 Floor Tom w/Evans EC2 Coated batter, G1 resonant
14X16 Floor Tom w/Evans EC2 clear batter, G1 resonant

Cymbals
14" Paiste 2002 Sound Edge hats
20" Paiste PST5 Ride
18" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
16" Paiste PST5 China
16" Zildjian A Custom Crash
12" Sabian AAX Splash

Hardware
DW 7002 Double pedal
Tama HH Stand

I still need to play with the tuning on the toms a little (something I have yet to master) but it sounds really good. I really took a chance buying this kit seeing as how I couldn't find any reviews on them anywhere. Guess I'm gonna have to write one in the near future.

I'm curious as well. Dixon are a company that we associate with budget (but good quality) hardware and budget drums. Obviously they're trying to change this image and we've had a couple of threads with people considering their drums. I'd be interested in some details - like the mounting system and how well the bearing edges are for a start. Just curious. I like the new logo for a start.

Lately I`ve heard good things about this company...and have seen some kits. Look very fine just like yours! Nice set of drums!
From what material are the shells made and how is the quality of the shells and hardware??

Simple black kit, very nice... =)

Karl

Dixon has always made quality stuff. It just so happens the North American and other markets haven't seen half of what Dixon offers. In North America, all we see is the hardware, "Duke" by Dixon budget kits, budget picallo brass and maple snares.

In other markets they have low end, mid level and high end kits that rival anything out there. We just haven't been exposed to it.

Drummerkarl, it's a birch/mahogany mix in 7 ply 7.2 mm shells. The rack toms are mounted on cymbal stand mounts that are held in place with the tuning lugs, so there's nothing extra on the shells. It's all pretty quality stuff. I am very happy with my purchase.

The MSRP is $1,200, my local store was able to get one dirt cheap because they deal so much with Gretsch. I was able to get it for $600 I highly doubt anyone else will get a deal like that.

Just picked up a new set for $299. They havent got here yet. Any more thoughts on the kit? How many lugs are on the toms and snare?

WOW. JUST RELIZED THIS THREAD HAS BEEN DEAD FOR A WHILE.

The MSRP is $1,200, my local store was able to get one dirt cheap because they deal so much with Gretsch. I was able to get it for $600 I highly doubt anyone else will get a deal like that.

I've seen these on eBay for $350-$450 has the market spoken, is the quality just not there?

Or is it too difficult to crack into the American market?

flat black with black harware ... just beatuful!!!
that kit has lots of really pro features: nice wood combination, really cool sizes, virgen bass drum, 45ª bearing edges.

how does it sound?

I have one of these sets. Their sound is awesome for their price, I think. I have the heads they came with which were Evans genera coated heads. How do your heads sound with them. I'm about to invest on getting some and was thinking G2 clears of G1s

hey I have a chance t buy a drumkit like this. What is the size of the l arms? The tom holder doesn't come with the kit (just the shell pack).

Back