Hyper-realistic art

Jeff Almeyda

Senior Consultant
Incredible! Thanks for sharing.

Oh, how much would I like to have one of those pieces?

Now is not quite the time to discuss aesthetics (especially seeing as I have to be at the pub in half an hour) but it is interesting from that standpoint.

Firstly, I'm asking 'what's the point?' and the realising it's perhaps a sly subversion the of hyper-realism that is introduced by photography to the point of actually being more realistic given the lack of intermediate medium. The editing process is another kettle of fish that can, frankly, wait for a few beers.

Firstly, I'm asking 'what's the point?' and the realising it's perhaps a sly subversion the of hyper-realism that is introduced by photography to the point of actually being more realistic given the lack of intermediate medium. The editing process is another kettle of fish that can, frankly, wait for a few beers.

I had to run that through Babelfish and I'm still none the wiser.

Are you sure you haven't already been down the pub?

I had to run that through Babelfish and I'm still none the wiser.

Are you sure you haven't already been down the pub?

I hadn't at that point and seeing as I had to drive (and was thinking we were just going to the local) I still haven't. That's just how I talk about art - apologies to everybody - be you never had to read any of my degree essays on Postmodernism because I never understood them reading them back either (although they made perfect sense at the time...)

Really annoyed because a piece of trim fell off my car on the motorway. It just adds to the number of small jobs my car needs - all of which drive my anally retentive side berserk. I've just bought the part and I'll be fitting it soon.

Maybe I should save the last part for the 'Random Thoughts' thread but I'm really annoyed about it!

I'm with Duncan in that I see hyper realism as technical exercise (though impressive). Might as well take a good photo with a bit of Photoshop. The exception for me is Ron Mueck's sculptures, which have a special presence

Back