No kit for 3 weeks :/

daredrummer

Gold Member
I'll be saying goodbye to my kit for 3 weeks, going to an academic 3 week program and no large instruments allowed. Just my vics and my moongel for 3 long weeks...
Hoping to get at least 15 minutes of practice pad a day, preferably 30. But it's a busy schedule so I'm not sure how much time I'll have.

Maybe I'll have one of those weird awakenings where someone stops something for a really long time, then they come back and they're amazing!
Cross your fingers!

Get a sturdy cardboard box and get to work with some brushes. You will be amazed at the fun you can have with this quiet little set up.

GJS

When my wife and I hit a rough spot financially we had to stay with her mom for a while. My drums were packed in a closet for two solid months. The only relief I got was going to guitar center one day out of those two months and cutting loose on some of their kits.

Get a sturdy cardboard box and get to work with some brushes. You will be amazed at the fun you can have with this quiet little set up.

GJS

Brushes on a box? I don't understand, how is this more effective than a practice pad?

Brushes on a box? I don't understand, how is this more effective than a practice pad?

You can even do it on a piece of paper! It's great for having just a "little" texture to work on your brush sound/technique. If you really want to push your chops, try being musical on something perfectly smooth and hard like a mirror or marble countertop...

This is an uncanny coincidence -- I have the exact same situation coming up on Thursday - I'm going to China for 3 weeks and will be on a rigorous schedule with nothing but some sticks and a pad. I guess any advice given to Dare will be equally applicable to my situation. I was about to post a thread on it before noticing this. Go figure!

This is an uncanny coincidence -- I have the exact same situation coming up on Thursday - I'm going to China for 3 weeks and will be on a rigorous schedule with nothing but some sticks and a pad. I guess any advice given to Dare will be equally applicable to my situation. I was about to post a thread on it before noticing this. Go figure!

What's more interesting is we have the exact same number of posts! o_O
Well now I have one more since I posted again....

Quick post again so we're tied again!

Never said it was more effective; just that this will give you a different dimension. No need to pack a practice pad, just brushes and get a box when you arrive at your destination. Try this at home to see if this is a direction you might want to explore.

Have a good trip.

GJS

Back