Is it me, or....... advertising

Debbie's on to us. Now everytime I click, I'm getting advertising for cruise ships, Virgin airlines and other holiday related material.......I wonder if I'm meant to take Debbie with me?

I also Googled the sticks but they were too expensive with shipping to bother. Now I see a ton of ads with the stick plastered on the screen.

Just clicked on St. Louis area 40+ dating and got a sale video with Lisa. She didn't say a thing about Debbie.

I'm 52, & as far as I can make out, this particular Debbie never did anything. It would seem they believe there's a "different" standard of attractiveness in a rural area :( Perhaps Google know I like "The Grateful Dead"!!!!

Debbie goes to family reunions to meet new guys.Hey...it's the cousin you know right vs the brother you don't.

This is in a county where the most confusing day of the year is Fathers day,and the county motto is "Yes ...we have electricity"

Nothin' like a pick up truck in the front yard on cinder clocks that doubles as a planter to grown chewin' tabakee.

Warm weather dental ,AKA Summa teeth.Praise him...and pass the ammunition and bring yer own banjo and guit box,and don't fergit yer two barrel shoot twice gun,for the annuwal squirrel and possum hunting competshun.

Winner gits a new fishin pole,and a jug of uncle Lesters shine....fresh made, hear.

Some of you think that people like this don't exist.........they do

Steve B

Debbie goes to family reunions to meet new guys.Hey...it's the cousin you know right vs the brother you don't.

This is in a county where the most confusing day of the year is Fathers day,and the county motto is "Yes ...we have electricity"

Nothin' like a pick up truck in the front yard on cinder clocks that doubles as a planter to grown chewin' tabakee.

Warm weather dental ,AKA Summa teeth.Praise him...and pass the ammunition and bring yer own banjo and guit box,and don't fergit yer two barrel shoot twice gun,for the annuwal squirrel and possum hunting competshun.

Winner gits a new fishin pole,and a jug of uncle Lesters shine....fresh made, hear.

Some of you think that people like this don't exist.........they do

Steve B

Christ, I had no idea you lived in Romford!

The next level of targeted advertising is going to be an electronic sign that will recognize the type of person that you are and show you an ad targeted just for you. That could be pretty embarrassing.

"Try our new low-cal pizza!"
"Would you like a free sample of our acne cure?"
"Lonely and lovely Asian women await you!"

Oh yes, the future...

I see those Boso ads everywhere too! One time I visited a Mexican restaurant's website for nutritional info (or lack thereof) and for 3 straight days all I saw was Taco Bell ads. No, I don't want to the new Doritos Burrito Crunch Wrap!

Hopefully it doesn't get as bad as this...

I see ads from Sweden's fascist party (Sverigedemokraterna) all over Facebook and the internet. Not sure where they got that from...

I visited Verizon.com a few weeks ago just to update my bookmarks on my new computer. I have been seeing phone ads ever since.
The same thing happened after I visited the Apple.com site to order the computer.
I already bought the computer and I am still seeing the ads two weeks later.

Christ, I had no idea you lived in Romford!

Actually I live in Staten Island,which does have an area or two where incest is best and marrying your step brother or cousin is not unheard of..It's not confined to rural southern states,and I guess,not confined to the US either.LOL

Just how do the Royals maintain a Royal bloodline anyway?

Steve B

Used to know a girl called Daisy.

Yeah...

Somebody call ?

I know about targetted advertising. I just bought a new cooker after researching online. Now I'm bombarded with images of cookers. I BOUGHT ONE ALREADY !!

So I've been wracking my brains for months trying to think what on earth I could have been Googling to bring up "those" ads. I thought perhaps it was advertising my services (DRUMMING SERVICES) on muso sites using a certain six letter word beginning with "m" that means not so young any more, and another six letter word beginnging with "f" that denotes my gender. (See, I'm so paranoid, I am not going to use those words anywhere, just in case).

So I've been wracking my brains for months trying to think what on earth I could have been Googling to bring up "those" ads.
Please tell me Debbie isn't three miles from you too, lol!!!!

I'm guessing "those" ads work on a very basic demographic. Said "service" provider asks for their ads to be targeted at males over 50 for example. From that point out, they're just playing the numbers.

Right, that's it - we need to get to the bottom of this Debbie character. See if you can all take a screenshot of this "babe" so we can compare & see if she really can spread it as wide as Pocket suggests ;) ;) ;)
. . .

Attachments

• Debbie's bottom.jpg
    Debbie's bottom.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 225
It's NOT you. It's Google.
Google is evil.
Google is the devil hisself.
Welcome to the Brave New World.

I found the URL I referred to in post #9.
It looks different now, but you can get an idea of what they're pegging you as, and supposedly you can remove stuff.

Looks like you can also 'opt out' (on the left hand side.
Try here:

www.google.com/ads/preferences

(hope that works for you all)

Back