London Drum Show - FINAL ARRANGEMENTS - Gavin & Todd!

Andy

Honorary Member
Guys, I've started a new thread to ensure your attention. LDS is only just over 1 week away, so we need to nail stuff down re: the official Drummerworld forum photo shoot.

As you hopefully already know, Gavin Harrison & Todd Sucherman have graciously agreed to join in, but bringing this all together is a logistical challenge. Essentially, Gavin & Todd won't be able to nail down a time until sometime during their schedule on the day. They'll come to a decision between them, then let me know. As you can appreciate, both Todd & Gavin will have a full press schedule in addition to their performances / sound checks / setups / signings, etc, so this will take some juggling.

Ok, here's the bottom line. To keep things together, & try to keep everyone in the loop, I'm setting up a default meeting time of 2:30PM (now changed to 1:00PM!!!!) on the Saturday at the Guru stand. This is subject to change according to Gavin's & Todd's schedule. I've asked if Gavin & Todd can confirm a time with me by 1:00PM (now changed to 12:00 midday) on the day, accordingly, I'm asking you all to call past the stand sometime after 12:00 midday to get a confirmed photo shoot time. Am I making sense? I'm bringing industry press in on this too, so you'll all really need to keep in touch. Additionally, please all make a note of my mobile/cell number in case of disconnection 07824 338897.

Cheers, Andy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, things change quickly. I've just had a message from Gavin, & we need to bring things forward. Still subject to change at this stage due to Todd being yet to confirm a time.

Default photo shoot time is now 1:00PM at the Guru stand. Please check in at the stand around 1 hour before for absolute confirmation.

As this is an evolving situation, those interested, please chime in on this thread regularly until the event.

Andy.

Roger that, Andy. See you soon!

Roger that, Andy. See you soon!
Cheers Madge, these are default times right now, & subject to change. It would be nice if we could arrange this at 12:30 so as to miss Eric Harland's MainStage, as I know some members will already have tickets for that. I'm in the hands of Todd & Gavin on this, & them being able to find a slot in their joint schedules.

I have eric harland tickets.... does this mean il miss the photoshoot :(
I've asked if a touch earlier is possible. We'll see, but I know Todd's & Gavin's schedule will be very full. They're both really top blokes, so I'm sure if they can accommodate, they will.

Wicked - thanks Andy, keep us in the loop. I'm getting pretty excited about the show already!
I'm excited too, but in a way, too busy to be excited. I love LDS, but it's a lot of work, & I have a lot on the line too :(

Gah! Sorry guys. Can't make the Saturday this year. I have to work. Enjoy the show and the group picture!
We'll take a picture of you on Sunday Duncan :)

Sounds good Andy, I'll keep checking back on this thread over the coming days to see if there are any changes.

Thank you for organising this again.

Can't wait now, love the LDS. The one day a year I can fully geek out.

Wonderful news, me and my guest will stick around the Guru stand from 12:00 until the photo shoot is taken, so we shouldn't miss it.

Looking forward to meet everybody :)

We'll take a picture of you on Sunday Duncan :)

Yeaah... we'll take a picture of you Laura posing next to my special guest :)

The one day a year I can fully geek out.
Exactly! :)

Wonderful news, me and my guest will stick around the Guru stand from 12:00 until the photo shoot is taken, so we shouldn't miss it.
Good plan Henri. I won't have time to go & fetch everyone :(

After the weekend I've had it's tempting to actually turn up in drag...
Sore arse Dunc? ;)

Look at this bevy of beauties I finished preparing for the show today :)

Attachments

• LDS offer snares1100.jpg
    LDS offer snares1100.jpg
    825.9 KB · Views: 250
Not at all but I spent the weekend hanging around with some very interesting folks in Brighton, including somebody that teaches in a dance studio for the transgendered and gender neutral. Really fascinating! They have a Kickstarter going if anyone wants to PM me for details - I'm really excited about the idea. A real need for it.

Hell, Duncan in drag is worth the sunday ticket price alone!!!!

Guys, unless I hear back from Gavin or Todd, it was left as Gavin's suggestion of 1:00PM. I hope to catch Gavin earlier on the Saturday to try & bring it forward just a bit, but I'm not going to pester him at a time when he'll understandably be very busy. Accordingly, please call past the stand at circa 12:00. Hopefully we'll have it nailed down by then.

My personal schedule for the Saturday is probably as manic as Gavin's, so please bear with us on this :) In addition to the small matter of a critical (for us) show stand to attend to, we also have early morning load in, setup, & sound check for the Michele Drees Jazz Tap Project, two video interviews, stage breakdown, & then the forum group photo - & that's all before lunch FFS!

Andy.

Really hope I dont miss the forum photo but i really want to go see eric harland... coming to see the jazz tap deffo, I will be wearing my easily identifiable vanucci jacket again this year :) absolutely cant wait, espesh with the £200 burning a hole in my pocket! If there is anything i can do to help andy, please let me know. Always glad to be of service.

Can someone please take a ton of photos?
Half a ton of Guru, half a ton of the show. Thanks.

My personal schedule for the Saturday is probably as manic as Gavin's, so please bear with us on this :) In addition to the small matter of a critical (for us) show stand to attend to, we also have early morning load in, setup, & sound check for the Michele Drees Jazz Tap Project, two video interviews, stage breakdown, & then the forum group photo - & that's all before lunch FFS!

But apart from that ...?

Ok, things change quickly. I've just had a message from Gavin, & we need to bring things forward. Still subject to change at this stage due to Todd being yet to confirm a time.

Default photo shoot time is now 1:00PM at the Guru stand. Please check in at the stand around 1 hour before for absolute confirmation.

As this is an evolving situation, those interested, please chime in on this thread regularly until the event.

Andy.

Thanks for organising, Andy! I'll see everyone there.
I also have Eric Harland tickets....

Really looking forward to this! :)

Back