Whiskey drinkers?

being Scottish, Ive been feeding on scotch forever.
I do like American bourbon/whiskeys - faves being J. Daniels/Buffalo Trace/Bookers
Scotch Whisky faves are: Oban/Talisker/Laphroiag/Mortlach

Just so much goodness in Uisge Beatha!!!!!

F

I live in Kentucky. We specialize in race horses, bourbon & basketball!
-Blantons
-Bookers
-Basil Hayden
-Woodford Reserve
-Makers Mark

Nuff said!

May I recommend Highland Park 18 to a 'Whisky' drinker. I prefer the Scotch stuff over the Irish personally and Highland Park is made in Orkney. I visited the distillery when I was twelve with my parents.

Not the best Scotch there is but it's certainly up there and one I'm very fond of.

I'll look for it, thanks!

being Scottish, Ive been feeding on scotch forever.
I do like American bourbon/whiskeys - faves being J. Daniels/Buffalo Trace/Bookers
Scotch Whisky faves are: Oban/Talisker/Laphroiag/Mortlach

Just so much goodness in Uisge Beatha!!!!!

F

Laphroiag is the only one of those I've heard of, but I'll keep an eye out!

Nice to see Maker's Mark getting the respect it deserves. I'd also throw in Single Barrel Jack Daniel's. And Seagram's Seven with Rose's Sweet and Sour mix... the best whiskey sour you will ever have!

I live in Kentucky. We specialize in race horses, bourbon & basketball!
-Blantons
-Bookers
-Basil Hayden
-Woodford Reserve
-Makers Mark

Nuff said!

Woodford Reserve!

MMMmmmm GOOD Stuff right there!!!

Gentleman Jack I rather like.
That or Southern Comfort.

Bretagne Whiskey isn't too bad either.

Correct me if i'm wrong,but, I was at the local liquor store and was looking at the Mallacalan behind the glass case and it was $900 us. a bottle!

Depends on age, and they have some special offerings, too. It is available at a wide variety of prices. Locally, 12 year old is in the $90 range for a fifth...

I drink very few alcoholic beverages. Maybe a beer a week with my pizza and when I'm very sick, I'll have a shot of whiskey to go to bed. Normally if I can get four to five hours a sleep at night, I'm OK, but when I'm feeling ill, sometimes this isn't easily done.

Dennis

Whiskey? Pfft.. drink Tequila! Tastes like airplane fuel, but I haven't gotten a hangover from it yet!

Whiskey? Pfft.. drink Tequila! Tastes like airplane fuel, but I haven't gotten a hangover from it yet!

Ugh! I used to do the salt and lemon thing back in the day but it's horrible. If you haven't had a tequila hangover then you're not trying hard enough because when I've woken up s*faced and f*ed up up on the stuff. Come to think of it, I was probably trying too hard ...

When it comes to scotch, the cheaper and nastier the better. To me, a good scotch is one that makes you shudder :) ... smooth, fancy-pants, quality yuppie brands don't have the same effect.

Having said that, I drink very little these days, just a slug of scotch before bed at times. That started because, at one point, it seemed that every person who lived to 100 would say how they'd have a shot of scotch before bed. It seemed like the healthy thing to do ...?

None for me thanks, lightweight here.
Alcohol is too strong of a drug for me.
Even beer makes me feel out of touch.
Give me an alley any day.

Ugh! I used to do the salt and lemon thing back in the day but it's horrible. If you haven't had a tequila hangover then you're not trying hard enough because when I've woken up s*faced and f*ed up up on the stuff. Come to think of it, I was probably trying too hard ...

When it comes to scotch, the cheaper and nastier the better. To me, a good scotch is one that makes you shudder :) ... smooth, fancy-pants, quality yuppie brands don't have the same effect.

Having said that, I drink very little these days, just a slug of scotch before bed at times. That started because, at one point, it seemed that every person who lived to 100 would say how they'd have a shot of scotch before bed. It seemed like the healthy thing to do ...?
We play drinking games, so last time I took about 15 shots. The problem is that the drunkenness comes after half and hour or so. I also drink a lot of water and eat food before going to bed. Maybe thats why I don't get hangovers.

Don't forget to eat the worm if you are drinking Mezcal :)

Back