Good cheap hi-hat stands?

Really any will do. I had a cheap ludwig stand and I liked it. I don't really buy into the idea that one hi hat stand is better than another.

Any specific series?

Seriously, any will do. I've played old Ludwig and Gretsch stands, Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, Sonor... currently I'm playing a PDP two-legged, and guess what? All of them stand stable and open and close cleanly. If it does that, then buy it. Problem solved.

I used to think that any hi-hat stand would do, until I came across a few hi-hat stands that needed excess (relatively) movement to open and close, whereas my Speed Cobra stand opens and closes cleanly and responsively. I actually only purchased the stand because of the bipod legs and the matching longboards for easy transitions from left kick to hi-hat. I ended up developing a preference for them.

I have a cheap Sonor hi hat stand that I bought recently. Probably the cheapest one they make. It works great! I use it for my gigging set because it is nice and light compared to others. Then again, I just bought a DW5000 for $20 from a consignment store and it replaced a cheapo GP stand that I really did not like at all because it made my foot cramp. My regular stand is an Iron Cobra two leg. It costs a lot more than the others, but it ain't much better than the Sonor. It is more adjustable, but that's about it. The action isn't any better, in fact, the Sonor actually feels better. So go figure....but that's just my opinion FWIW.

Back