My Oaks

casey13.jpg

I love your setup..Your double bass setup looks very powerful, and the 4 pc version of it is just plain classy. Beautiful finish.

I do have a question..In your last post in the pic is the top tom double miked? I can't see the mics on you floor tom. Is it double miked too? Just wondering why.

Thanks,
JD

Thanks folks!

My bands are in my sig.

Specs:

Yamaha Oak Customs

10x8, 12x9, 13x10, 16x16, 18x16, 22x17(x2)

Tama Artwood 14x8 Snare

Sabian cymbals left to right

14" AA regualr hats
18" HHX china
10" AAX splash
18" HHXplosion crash
18" AAX china
19" AAX metal crash
22" HH power bell ride
20" AA china
20" AA medium crash

Axis A regular boards.

hey man im having some trouble, my kit is set up very similar to yours but right where your hi-hat is i have another tom and i can't get my hats close enough cause the tom is in the way any suggestions

Wow, great kit, I'm really digging the cymbals and drums alike. I hope the scaled down set is working out for you, but I tend to agree that the full sized metal setup is something in its own. Sorry to be a bother but how is the Artwood snare working out for you? I was looking at them online recently and wasn't able to find a soundclip. The price is great but is the quality there too? Thanks and good luck in your endevours.

I like the Haake set-up as well, except for the ride (putting it up high). I like to have a ride low next to a china and then a huge crash above those two (more like Danny C.). Between my high toms (8+10) I've a Masterworks Crash stacked over a small Zildjian K China.. works great.

Cheers.

I assume you're talking about Danny Carey? He has his ride higher up than Haake... : /

Back