Dream Kit

I couldn't find a place to put this on, so I put it here.

Out of boredom I wanted to post my dream kit on here :)

Drums: Still not decided. But I know I want a 6 or 7 piece kit.

Cymbals: (All Paiste)

-Signature Dark Energy Hats Mark I

-2002 18" Crash

-Rude 16" Thin Crash

-Signature 22" Dark Metal Ride

-2002 16" China

-2002 8" Splash & Alpha 10" Metal Splash

-and for random effect stuff...an Alpha 18" Thin Swiss Crash

If I could get famous and keep the drums I have now, I would. I think they sound awesome.

And it's just a cheap PDP kit with 22" kick, 12" rack, 14" and 16" floors, Paiste 14" 402 hats, 18" Thin Crash and 20" Medium Ride. I could go for a second crash, I guess.

But since we're talking dreams...the Bonham 2002 set. At very least, I'd get those Sound Edge hats.

I would go for Tama or Mapex, excellent drums

do you want two bass drums or 1

A "dream kit" that as yet hasn't been decided. That's very funny. I got a good giggle mate....thanks!! :)

thats exactly what i was thinking!! this shouldn't be a dream kit thread, it should be dream cymbals. But Paistes are excellent. If they weren't so friggin much money for the ones I wanted (2002s or 20 series) , i might have gotten them instead of Zildjians.

If I could get famous and keep the drums I have now, I would. I think they sound awesome.

And it's just a cheap PDP kit with 22" kick, 12" rack, 14" and 16" floors

Hey now....go easy on the PDPs, I love mine!

Hey now....go easy on the PDPs, I love mine!

I do too! That was the point. They're the entry level...$250 kit, and they sound just as good (with a couple years of head experiments and tuning) as my friends' more expensive kits.

Of course, none of my friends have anything that cost more than a grand, but still.

Alright, I have two dream kits:

First is a jazz kit.

3 ply Gretsch Round Badge. 12-14-18
Vintage Supra 400

Second, a more rock-ish set up, same snare as above.

Yamaha Absolute Maple
20x16 kick
16x15 floor
14x13 floor
12x8 rack

Cymbals are a funny story with me. I could do anything, it just depends on the sounds.. but I'm thinking

Old Zildian K Istanbul
K custom Dry Complex Ride 2
K Custom Left side Ride
The Elvin Jones Crash Ride
K Constantinople medium thin

Last edited:
My dream kit would be:
A brady jarrah 5-6 piece.
Cymbals:
Meinl Byzance darks and dry along with some Zildjian K customs.

Love my saturns but if I had money to blow I would love to custom order a Ford Birch kit in the white sparkle, with a nice Pink Corian snare I saw in the latest drum magazine..with all Zildjian K's mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Probably this:

n1473790586_30215081_2155199.jpg

Drums, probably tama starclassic bubingas, or mapex orions.

Toms (left-right):- 18" (46 cm) (on the left), 10" (25 cm), 12" (30 cm), 8" (20 cm), 14" (36 cm), 16" (41 cm). The racks in medium depths and the floor toms being "square".
Bass drums- a 22" x 18" (56 cm x 46 cm) on the right as the main kick for a tight bass sound and a 24" x 18" (61 cm x 46 cm) drum on the left for a bigger boomier sound, probably have three pedals with a double for the right kick drum.
Snares- 13" x 4" (33 cm x 10 cm) custom wood snare probably some exotic bollocks like steambent or whatever just for the lulz with woodhoops and in the centre a 14" x 5½" (36 cm x 14 cm) acrylic snare, again pretty much just because i can ;)

Cymbals. I was having a bit of a TRX moment when i did this diagram but probably 3 crashes, of sizes 17" (43 cm), 18" (46 cm) and 19" (48 cm) a ride of 22" (56 cm) and 14" (36 cm) hats. The splash would be 12" (30 cm) so it's nice and beefy and the 2 chinas are 18" (46 cm) and 14" (36 cm). All the cymbals would be nice and heavy apart from the mini china for a nice quick decay. Possibly add in a set of right hand hihats as well. And you can see which ones are bright and heavy and which ones are duller for a more raw sound. Oh and a nice comfy throne as well, with a backrest.

But to be honest i'm not really bothered about what kit i have, I just want to be a hell of a lot better at the drums than I am now...

Well, right now i'm using Alpha's and 502's (I think their discontinued). Also for drums I'm using a Pearl Prestige Session Select 5 piece.

I got the kit 5 years ago, used. The 502's came with them.

Ludwig Legacy Classics/Classic Maple in Red Sparkle
13x9 Tom
16x16 Floor Tom
24x14 Bass Drum
6.5x14 Ludwig Black Beauty/6.5x14 Ludwig Supraphonic(I own a 6.5x14 Supra from 76')

Sabian HHs
14" Dark Hats
16" Dark Crash
20" Classic Ride

Of course, this would probably be more than 3000$, so not for awhile...
100th post!

Oh, I've never tried a Ludwig. They seem like very good drums from what I hear. Also, I've never tried to Sabian HH's, I have played on the HHX's a little bit. If Paiste didn't exist I would totally go with Sabian.

USA Custom:

22" Kick
14" Floor
12" Tom
14" Gretsch Rosewood Snare

Cymbals would be my current setup of Giant Beats.

Done and done!

Back