Drummers Worst Nightmare

zzdrummer

Sooo, I have a basketball game last night, go up for a block,come down and dislocate my knee for the 4th time, annnnd broke my right wrist, yipee! So I can't do anything invlving running or with two hands. I also am in high school and cant write.

But the iportant thing, is there anything I can do for drumming except left foot/hand technique?

Excuse typos,I'm typing with my off-hand, =).

Sooo, I have a basketball game last night, go up for a block,come down and dislocate my knee for the 4th time, annnnd broke my right wrist, yipee! So I can't do anything invlving running or with two hands. I also am in high school and cant write.

But the iportant thing, is there anything I can do for drumming except left foot/hand technique?

Excuse typos,I'm typing with my off-hand, =).

Well, in a way, this is kind of perfect. Now, since you're FORCED to drum with your left hand, if you practice a lot with it, it should become almost as dominant as your right hand!

Sorry to hear that, man that can be a bummer. How bad is the break? Hopefully it doesn't take too long to heal. I had a hairline fracture in my left wrist a couple years which wasn't too long. I can't think of anything you could do except help the left hand to catch up to your right hand's speed.

Yes, I`m sorry to hear that! Hopefully everything will be okay soon!
Luckily I`ve never been in such a situation but a year ago I fought with a carpal tunnel syndrome. Fortunately it didn`t get that bad but I had to keep my right wrist calm for about two weeks.
In this time I had the chance to give my left hand some special training. =)
You could check out this popular one handed roll, the "Moeller triplets" and could work on your finger control.

Remember, if one door closes another one opens. Use this opportunity to practice your weaker hand.

Good luck and get well soon!

Karl

Thans for the wishes all, and yes Karl I will check out the Moeller triplets, i've gotten away from triplets for awhile, and jazz as a whole. Never been much good at Moeller, should imporve.CTS is pretty rough from what I hear to, I had a friend with it.

Stasz-Goin to the doc tomorrow, hope its not bad.

Back