My New Mapex Saturn In Arctic White!!

TableMuncher

My new drums arrived yesterday, and I'm in love!

Kit:
Mapex Saturn kit in Arctic White
Sizes - 10" x 7", 12" x 8", 16" x 14" and 22" x 20"
Mapex Saturn snare (Bought months ago on a whim) 14" x 5.5"
Mapex Black Widow snare 14" x 5"

Cymbals:
8" Meinl Classics High Bell
10" Meinl Classics Splash
14" Meinl Byzance Brilliant Medium Hi Hat
17" Meinl Byzance Traditional Medium Thin Crash
18" Meinl Byzance Brilliant Medium Thin Crash
18" Meinl Classics China
20" Meinl MB20 Heavy Ride

Hardware:
Mapex Throne
Mapex Falcon Double Pedals
Millenium Straight / Boom Stands
Millenium Hi Hat Stand
Millenium Snare Stand

Pictures :)

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

Sorry the pictures aren't high quality, I just took them on my iPhone with a Fish Eye attachment!
Thanks for looking :)

TM

Whatever you do, don't listen to some of the crap around here. Those things look amazing. The badges are just perfect on that white. You will love these things. Congratulations buddy!

Whatever you do, don't listen to some of the crap around here. Those things look amazing. The badges are just perfect on that white. You will love these things. Congratulations buddy!

Thanks chief :)

I couldn't imagine having them in any other colour, in person they are beautiful!

I need to mess around with the tuning a little, but I was too excited to play them! I literally threw the floor tom head on and it sounds spot on! haha

TM

You got a smooth looking kit! I bet they sound amazing too. Enjoy!

Don't know if you have a drum dial or not, but I do 70 over 67 on all my toms. Just above wrinkle.

You can get Saturns in white? Huh, I didn't know that (ha - love ya, sticks!).

Seriously, it's a beautiful kit! Congratulations!

Don't know if you have a drum dial or not, but I do 70 over 67 on all my toms. Just above wrinkle.

I was just looking at one of those on line last night and wondered if anyone has had good results from using it. I am having a hard time with my 14 x 14 floor tom and wondered if one of thees things could help me out.

I never realized how nice the Saturn badges look! Makes my Meridian ones look cheep.....

wow that is one sexy kit!
white/ black looks amazing

Sweet looking kit man!
Have fun!

Meridian badges look good too, don't sweat it Trilogy72. Nice lugs, tom mount & finishes too.

+1! Nice cymbals too. Those Byzance pies are second to none! Don't let anyone tell you different!

Congratulations on your new kit TM! You ordered Saturns and had them delivered in a week? Win / win for sure.

Wow thanks do much for the comments guys :)

Ermmmm hard to say on the china, some days it sounds good and how I want it to sound the the next day I'll play it and I won't like it at all.
Quite a strange one, but it sounds bright and quick and quite controlled, I'm actually looking at replacing it soon but I can't decide what to replace it with!

Definatly stoked on having them within a week especially over a bank holiday :)

:)
TM

Back