My Tama

rickjames284

Was gonna put this in the show your tama but figured it wasnt half has nice as some of the kits you guys have, so here it is.

Tama Imperialstar
18x22 bass drum
9x12 tom
10x13 tom
16x16 floor tom
5.5x14 snare

All cymbals Meinl
16" crash
14" high hats
12" china
20" ride

All stock heads except for my 10x13 which is a remo clear pinstripe because my stock head was torn.

Vic Firth sticks, and all hardware is tama.

0522091427a.jpg

0522091427b.jpg

0522091426.jpg

I have the same set with the meinl cymbals. I added a Sabian HH medium thin crash and a vintage Zildjian 18' crash as well as a paiste pst 5 china. Just added an LP cowbell not too long ago and put Evans G2 coated on the toms, HD dry on the snare and a Superkick II on the bass. Just because they are considered beginner drums does not mean you can't get a pro sound out of them. They are great drums and youre in for loads of fun. If the toms over the bass turn out to be uncomfortable, try putting them on a double tom stand, that's what I did. Very comfy now. ENJOY!!

actually i was planning on doing that next. Its hard because there is so many things i want. I want new heads, double bass pedal, new cymbals, more cymbal stands, a double tom stand. the list goes on. But first will probably be the double tom stand. Wanna make more room for convenience to getting to my ride.

"Was gonna put this in the show your tama but figured it wasn't half as nice as some of the kits you guys have..."

I think you need to read the rules, no dissing on people's kits, INCLUDING YOUR OWN! (Okay that's not in the rules, but it's true!)

It's not about the kit it's how you play it. It's a nice little kit you got there, not the most expensive but it's really great what you've done with it mate.

Its hard because there is so many things i want. I want new heads, double bass pedal, new cymbals, more cymbal stands, a double tom stand. the list goes on.

Yeah...I am going through that too. Why do drums have to be so expensive?

Nice looking kit.

Based on your user name are you going to be playing funk? Rick James is awesome.

Thats a pretty cool set you have there, did the cymbals come with it?

The Eliminator! How could I have forgotten that? That is probably the best thing I added to it. What a great pedal pearl makes...Tama drums and Pearl pedals, the best of both worlds IMO. ;)

Rick james has just been my user name forever lol, but i play mostly rock. And some metal.

The cymbals came with a kit. Cant say how they are cause i have nothing to compare too lol.

Lastly, the pedal i have now is working for me, but ill give it a shot.

Back