iPhone 4

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
Just got my new iPhone 4 from the Fed Ex driver. Very nice. Three cameras on this model. Front facing, rear facing, and video camera. New glass composition and resolution for detail beyond human vision. All photos are clear and crisp. Apps can now be made into files so that all music, news, games, etc can be grouped into a convenient group which eliminates a lot of swiping. My 3G was two years old plus and ready for retirement.

Never took you to be an Apple kind of guy, Grunter.

My father would be very jealous.

Mac Mini, iMac, iPod, iPad, MacBook and iPhone and now iPod Shuffle. Just a few toys.

Last edited:
Mac Mini, iMac, iPod, iPad, MacBook and iPhone. Just a few toys.

Ah yes, but also the greatest toys to ever reach our lives. I swear, I could play on an iPad all day, but there is no practical use for the average person.

*cough*Giant iTouch*cough*!!!!

I must say Mr. Mayor, I've put off getting one until now. I think I'm going to make the jump to this latest model. Looking forward to it.

I'm way jealous!!! that sounds awesome. if only i had one, we could video call each other. and show each other our drumming, on video, over the phone...how sick would that be??

You can use iChat and do that with the desk top or a laptop.

My phone has an alarm clock on it. :)

I feel so out of touch with all this iPhone stuff. Sadly, my life is not important enough to warrant such a device. The other day my cell phone company notified me that I am eligible for a new phone. I have no idea what I would get. Maybe one with a keyboard for texting ease. I don't know.

I don't know if I should feel old because I have no clue what all an iPhone does or why we need it, or just be happy my life is uncomplicated enough not to need one.

I love the look of the new iphone, I really want to check one out in a store. Too bad i don't use a mobile often enough to need a new one. If only my ipod touch had a camera...

My phone has an alarm clock on it. :)

I feel so out of touch with all this iPhone stuff. Sadly, my life is not important enough to warrant such a device. The other day my cell phone company notified me that I am eligible for a new phone. I have no idea what I would get. Maybe one with a keyboard for texting ease. I don't know.

I don't know if I should feel old because I have no clue what all an iPhone does or why we need it, or just be happy my life is uncomplicated enough not to need one.

It isn't just a matter of need. Smart phones, all brands, are actually small computers with phones as a feature. A lot of the features are admittedly toys or gimmicks but I can tell you with my phone in my pocket I have the world within reach. I left my house one morning at about 7 AM and locked my self out. I had the wrong key ring in my hand. I went to the " IWant" app and typed in gas stations to see if they had a lock smith or tow truck that could help and within 30 minutes I had a guy in my drive way opening my car so that I could use my garage door opener to get in the house. With out the phone I would still be on the front porch crying. I can call my son in Maryland and my sister for free basically and it allowed me to get rid of my land line phone. My service is now the same price as it was with my old cell phone and a land line, but I have much more convenience. They may not be for everyone but Love technology and try to stay up with it.

Ah yes, but also the greatest toys to ever reach our lives. I swear, I could play on an iPad all day, but there is no practical use for the average person.

*cough*Giant iTouch*cough*!!!!

I don't think it's meant to be practical, it's meant more for leisurely stuff.

Eh, other people put it more eloquently. It's not a giant Itouch, and it's not a computer.

I just got mine and I love it, and the only other phone I would even consider would be the droid. My first gen. iPhone just died and I had to go 2 weeks with a Razr. That was hell.

I don't think it's meant to be practical, it's meant more for leisurely stuff.

Eh, other people put it more eloquently. It's not a giant Itouch, and it's not a computer.

Although it is now being used in an experiment in a school system for two years to replace books. We will see. It is also being used by Doctors doing rounds in hospitals so they don't have to read thru all of the handwritten charts. The practical uses have only just begun and thee types of tablets will one day rule.. I know Apple intends to make more iPads this year than computers.

i'm gonna wait to get a new phone, mines already 5 years old and full of mystery prolems. it's more of an adventure using my phone when i'm not sure what it's gonna do next. i'll hold out to get a new one till they come out with microchip ones they implant in our brains that will eventually turn us into cyborg zombies, nextel will become fully self aware and machines will rule the world. we'll all be a zombie army..... or if we're lucky, zombie sex slaves.... ooooooh yeeeaaaah.

I have heard that in January of 2011 I will be able to get an iPhone 4 with Verizon.
I can't wait!

My 3G started crawling when I updated the OS. So I popped for the 4. Love it. Where was that store again? Oh, let me pull over find their web site and get a map. Need to learn some new tunes for a gig this weekend? iTunes and then they're with me whenever I have a spare moment. Don't have to go looking for something else, it's in my pocket with everything else.

I probably went for the iPhone over other things for the convience of merging my iPod with a PDA with a phone. I really liked my old Palm but the phone versions were lame and alll the stuff I already had in iTunes was worthless.

I wish someone had a Graphiti like app for entering text, but I guess the sucess of other PDAs over the Palm showed that folks would rather push little buttons than remember a combination of upper and lower case shorthand.

Nice! Finally the iPhone can do what my Droid has been capable of for almost a year now. Haha! :p

I heard that.

Honestly, the whole fact that the dropping calls and the fact that it'll never be 4G, warrants sticking to a 3GS, which has handled the new OS update very well. Apple's gradually been becoming a let down, kind of. I mean, through out all of the roll outs of new model phones they've done, I've always thought, "you just figured out that's what people do with their phones?!?!".

On a side note, I just picked up the EVO 4G, so fresh and so clean clean. Although, if I wasn't in a 4G area, I'd get the 3GS.

Back