Remo Emperor X

The Emporer X is a great head. I'm a hard hitter, and its one of the few heads that not only lasts a while, but sounds great, in that it's such a thick head.

Thought so.

Great head indeed, and the durability is second only to Aquarian's Power-House kevlar head (which doesn't sound nearly as good). The only complaint I have is that it's harder to get that tabletop rebound from this head, since it's so thick and hard to tension up to the level you can achieve with other heads.

I've been using it for a few months now on my steel Tama Rockstar snare and I've grown to like it more and more. It brings out the 'steel' in the snare really good.

Yes its extremely durable. Its outlasted any other snare head I ve ever used, but has anyone else found that it has a limited tuning range? I like em tight(like my women HAHA) but in all seriousness now...it seems like it chokes out when I really crank it down. I used to use a Remo C.S. and I could literally tighten it to preposterous level and then loosen up for a fatter sound but this head wont do it. Yeah I know.."get another snare jackass", but that aint happenin. Ehhhhh.

Yes its extremely durable. Its outlasted any other snare head I ve ever used, but has anyone else found that it has a limited tuning range? I like em tight(like my women HAHA) but in all seriousness now...it seems like it chokes out when I really crank it down. I used to use a Remo C.S. and I could literally tighten it to preposterous level and then loosen up for a fatter sound but this head wont do it. Yeah I know.."get another snare jackass", but that aint happenin. Ehhhhh.

The Emperor X is mainly aimed a hard hitting metal drummers. It's meant to be tight. It really isn't made for wide tuning ranges. Most metal drummers have it cranked and it keep it that way.

BTW, if you want a head with the same high strength but with more tuning ability, try the Aquarian Hi - Energy.

Last edited:
I love the Emperor X for my snare. I have a Supraphonic (14 x 6.5) and I can actually get a fairly wide range of tones out of it. I'm in several bands mainly rock..80's-2000's but I also play in a band where we do motown and r&b and on my ludwig snare I can cover all those genres with the head. But every snare is different so ya never know!..lol

Back