New PDP Platinum seires finally here!!!

Nice stuff!! Nice choice in finish. How is the quality of the drums? What's the construction as far as wood, plies, etc.?

Very nice, it looks like PDP has taken their quality up a notch. I saw one of these (not setup, just stuffed in the corner) at my local GC yesterday and they're sharp looking drums. The lugs are much nicer than those egg-shaped things they use on other models.

It's nice that they come w/ DW heads, which are very nice heads.

Thanks for the replies.

Sinsky17 - I paid $480 for the bass, and $219 for the snare. I bought them off www.interstatemusic.com

Youenjoy00myself - As for the quality....the quality is great! They're all North-American Maple 8-ply shells. They sound great. Better than any other PDP series I've heard.

Zambizzi - I most deffinately agree with you on the lugs. I was not at all a fan of their old lugs.

Drumhead61- Thanks I'll post them as soon as I get them!

They look great.
I keep thinking set in Black Mirra would be a great gig/club kit so I don't have to take my DW's everywhere.

Hmm, I'm not a fan of 12" and 13" toms to be my racks. If I had a 13 on my rack, it would have to go with a 10". I like my sizes to be even. 12" and 13" rack just makes me think of every beginner kit and I don't know, I just don't dig it. But if that's what you like, go for it. :]

Ok, somehow I've managed to be a real tool here. I did order the 10 and 12. I think when I originally posted the sizes I was thinking of my current kit which is a beginners and has a 12 and 13 rack tom. I went for the 10 and 12 cos I wanted more range. I only have experience of playing my beginners kit but decided to go for a chance with the different tom sizes and hopefully it will pay off. I may consider putting a 14 on there as well.

Back