Joey Jordison

Man, the 1st videos not working...

I really wanted to see thiss too.

That warm up video is very cool! Really impressive. I like it alot better than the one of him during the concert, I don't care for it that much.

I think the thing I like the least about the concert video is that at the end he gives the crowed the finger, that just doesn't seem like a cool thing to do.

I have to say I think the warm-up video is my favorite of his videos. I think its just cuz he is not in his mask and feels more like a normal person.

it's a cool mask, but a bad idea overall. why bother? why take yourself so seriously? i also agree that the warm-up video is a lot better than the concert one. in concert it seems to be just tom rolls and double bass tricks.

Well the warm-up video didn't really show us anything new. I see tons of guys like that all the time and it just isn't very awe-inspiring.

I did find the use of Pearl Eliminator pedals to be interesting (and how far down the pedal he goes).

And his face, well there's something new!

Stu_Strib said:
Well the warm-up video didn't really show us anything new. I see tons of guys like that all the time and it just isn't very awe-inspiring.

I did find the use of Pearl Eliminator pedals to be interesting (and how far down the pedal he goes).

And his face, well there's something new!

I always love your positive attitude Stu.

What you don't see are entire internet threads devoted to the other guys.

lol. its amazing how it has gone. some drummers are clearly great...and the way to tell how? if their threads don't run for longer than three pages. its the controversial drummers that keep us coming back for more. i can't remember a time when i have logged on and gone to the DRUMMERS section and not seen travis' or joey's thread near the top.

j

NUTHA JASON said:
i can't remember a time when i have logged on and gone to the DRUMMERS section and not seen travis' or joey's thread near the top.

j

I know, man. It's like perpetual motion. You want it not to be there, so as not to tempt you to smart off. But as soon as you do, it gets going again, and you have to keep going back and putting stuff in there! It's a vicious circle for sure!

Someone said it best though, even bad publicity is still publicity or something like that?

the trick plat form thing is way old. but its still a pain in the *A* to do it i bet. and i agree with you on the whole corey peirce thing. he is pretty talented.

i think jordison IS overatted, but thats what happens. he's in a band that made it big, like green day, and now everyone knows his name. it's a shame that few of my friends have heard of people like steve gadd, but the upside is that he is far more respected by the people who know the craft, and people like jordison are looked at with more scepticism. not nessecarily dislike, but it all balances out on drummerworld!

joey jordison is awsome, i like the other percusionists, some of u guys must be deaf coz i can hear them easily espcially the beer kegs the are nice novelty from just drums and cymbals

I used to hate new slipknot, but now I like them a lot more than I ever did the old slipknot. Actually, I hardly listen to slipknot anymore, but if I do it's select old songs or their new stuff, which doesnt seem as angry but just seems to be better to me. Oh, and about joey, I think he's great, not the best, but then again, who is?

I havent read this whole thread yet but all I have to say is that Joey is a very good Metal drummer that brings something new to the table that you dont get with most metal drummers. things like his unique use of the toms in songs such as Vermillion ( I dont know any of you find it unique or different but I do). little things like this make me think about how I can change and make better the things that I play. I think this makes him a good drummer, even if only to me.

Corey

Last edited:
I gotta agree with Corey on this one. Even though he does a lot of similar stuff in his songs, he truly does bring something to the table for metal drummers. He's great live, and a phenomenal recording artist, and slipknot doesn't get the credit that they deserve sometimes.

TheAnalogKid said:
I gotta agree with Corey on this one. Even though he does a lot of similar stuff in his songs, he truly does bring something to the table for metal drummers. He's great live, and a phenomenal recording artist, and slipknot doesn't get the credit that they deserve sometimes.

why thank you Jay : ) does anyone else know what I'm talking about when I'm talking about how he uses the toms?

Corey

TheAnalogKid said:

Totally agree with that mate. You can even see it in this thread, people comment and have no idea what their talking about. Half of them wouldnt have even listened to a slipknot album. However, Slipknot are getting a lot bigger now and more people are getting involved with their music. Their last album not being as aggresive as the others, has more people being able to relate the their music.

Back