Not that anyone would care...

If anyone has anything negative to say about drummerchicks post you better take a look back at your musical taste. I'm sure it's filled with bands you would not admit were influences on your taste.

Thanks, That Guy!

I have to agree completely with your statement. And that music that you don't want to admit is part of your taste can influence it the most. It can explain the bridge the strange gap between Latin and alternative music on my ipod.

I remember i think it was last year that drummerchick435 said about the jb and noone had anything negative to say about them. They had mostly postive things to say.

Thanks, georgeman!

People don't seem to want to admit this, but The Beatles weren't the greatest musicians.

My brother told me one day that Ringo couldn't play some of their stuff so they had to hire another drummer to play when they recorded.

not a Ringo bash.

I remember i think it was last year that drummerchick435 said about the jb and noone had anything negative to say about them. They had mostly postive things to say.

Yeah, they're competent musicians. Again they do what they were programmed to do by the Disney machine, and it IS a well oiled machine but is there anyone who would deny that they would be nobodies if they looked like the nerd posse from Superbad? Come on drummerchick, are you really going to listen to the music or to see the boys?

I'm not afraid to admit i like Avril Lavigne either. I also like Carrie Underwood, Nelly Furtado, and Kelly Clarkson. Wanna fight about it? j/k

Yeah, they're competent musicians. Again they do what they were programmed to do by the Disney machine, and it IS a well oiled machine but is there anyone who would deny that they would be nobodies if they looked like the nerd posse from Superbad? Come on drummerchick, are you really going to listen to the music or to see the boys?

Remember one mans trash is another mans treasure
just cuz i like them doesn't mean you have to.
I can pop in a cd of them and listen to it
but you might hear just noise
and vise versa
-george

Remember one mans trash is another mans treasure
just cuz i like them doesn't mean you have to.
I can pop in a cd of them and listen to it
but you might hear just noise
and vise versa
-george

Okay, let me put it another way. JB gets into a horrible car crash and suffer 3rd and 4th degree burns, horribly disfiguring their faces. They survive but are permently and grossly disfigured. They continue to write their best songs ever. Do their ticket sales go up or down?

Basically it boils down to jealousy. Am i jealous? Of course. I've put in ten times the efforts as these kids to achieve superstardom but their looks have rocketed them way past me. I ain't gonna try to deny it. But to those who go to see JB or Avril or Brittney Spears or Beyonce or whoever and deny that they like those performers primarily for their looks you're fooling yourselves. Would i like Avril's tunes if it was say, Jordin Sparks singing them? Definitely not.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
--1 John 2:16-17

I didn't say they couldn't play... ...CD will be in the "where are they now?" five dollar bin at walmart in 5 years.

OK, I see where you're coming from. Maybe I'm easily impressed. I was just giving him his props for being 16 and doing a good job on SNL.

I was kind of surprised when I read your post. It almost seemed like you were asking our approval to like a band. If you like them, Then go see them. I saw them a while back on a morning TV show and I thought that they were extremely talented. I liked them! Have fun! I'm Myspace friends with Dianna Kraul. I see her play whenever I can. She makes my world a better place. There are many people that say all kinds of things about her music. I don't care what they say! I am my own person and I choose what I like! I like her, So I go to her concerts! It's that simple. Have fun and enjoy.

Stick with what you believe in, and what you want to do. The rest does not matter, enjoy life.

All The Best,

Aright, when you go and see them,

COUNT the number of males in the audience.

And come back with the results.

I bet 10 bucks that number is less than 10.

If not, then...

I don't know, but I'll be dissapointed.

I'm not afraid to admit i like Avril Lavigne either. I also like Carrie Underwood, Nelly Furtado, and Kelly Clarkson. Wanna fight about it? j/k

It's both. Their music and their looks.

I was kind of surprised when I read your post. It almost seemed like you were asking our approval to like a band. If you like them, Then go see them. I saw them a while back on a morning TV show and I thought that they were extremely talented. I liked them! Have fun! I'm Myspace friends with Dianna Kraul. I see her play whenever I can. She makes my world a better place. There are many people that say all kinds of things about her music. I don't care what they say! I am my own person and I choose what I like! I like her, So I go to her concerts! It's that simple. Have fun and enjoy.

I guess it turned out that way but I just wanted to tell everyone I could because I was so excited and...well...DW (outside of my family) is the only place I could. I don't have any friends right now. I used to, but, for some reason, my friends I had don't really care about me anymore. I texted one of my friends and she didn't text me back. She always texts back when someone texts her. Even my "friends" from church don't care about me. I'm not looking for pity. I'm going to college in August so I'm bound to make new friends, but I'm just explaining the deeper reason why I posted.

Okay, let me put it another way. JB gets into a horrible car crash and suffer 3rd and 4th degree burns, horribly disfiguring their faces. They survive but are permently and grossly disfigured. They continue to write their best songs ever. Do their ticket sales go up or down?

Basically it boils down to jealousy. Am i jealous? Of course. I've put in ten times the efforts as these kids to achieve superstardom but their looks have rocketed them way past me. I ain't gonna try to deny it. But to those who go to see JB or Avril or Brittney Spears or Beyonce or whoever and deny that they like those performers primarily for their looks you're fooling yourselves. Would i like Avril's tunes if it was say, Jordin Sparks singing them? Definitely not.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
--1 John 2:16-17

You've got a point. It's always about looks and sex and stuff. To be fair though it's not even just pop music, i personally don't know of any female fronted metal bands that don't have a very nice looking singer. That's sort of the whole point. I remember in our old band the guitar player wanted to get rid of this girl who was a perfectly okay musician but he pointed out that we'd never get famous. As much as i disagree with that, he is right.

As for the beatles, no-one is saying they were the best musicians but that's been the case a lot of the times down the line. You can write some great songs without having huge musical ability or knowledge. It's a bit like a lot of modern art, it's not about how long it took someone to paint a picture or how detailed or realistic it looks, it's about the expression of it. Someone recently filled a box full of dry ice or something to that effect so that when you were inside this box you can't see anything more than a couple of feet in front of you. That didn't take tremendous artistic ability to come up with but he expressed himself in a very creative manner. Just like music.

Point taken
-george

You call this ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_cXhBy78T4 ) Saturday morning cartoon music? The beginning sounds a little Beatles-esque.

Just curious about your opinion.

They skew too young and fluffy for me. Not my cup o tea. If I want "beatle-esque" I just listen to the Beatles.

I am just nonplussed with corporate boy bands, pop princesses, or the "tween" sound.

The teen bands I liked?
- The Beatles
- The who
- Def Leppard

Have fun at Jonas brothers. I don't really care for the product of the Disney Channel, after all, that's what these kind of bands are. To even mention them in the same sentence as the Beatles (or even Avril Lavigne) is absolutely absurd. The Beatles were the original boy-band of rock'n'roll, yes but there were boy bands of the day that were equally huge but fell by the wayside because their music was lame. The beatles stormed through the 60's and early 70's with dozens of chartbusters that were award winning and catchy. Pull any person off the street and i guarantee they are familiar with dozens of their tunes. The Beatles more importantly, just like genuine artists like Avril Lavigne wrote their own music while i bet 90% + of The Jonas Bro's music were written by Professional songwriters. Don't take it personally, but the JB's are just a package. They're big because of their looks and the legions of predominantly teen female fans would not be going to the concerts if they looked like the nerd posse from Superbad. Okay somebody had to say it and I said it. Please don't hate me, the Jonas Brothers do not suck, they are trained professionals doing what they do very well and that's perform poppy tunes that were written for them and also looking good doing it, but they're not artists.

DC I hope that you have a BLAST @ the concert, as for any comparisons to the Beatles...NOPE! I am listening to the Beatles right now and Jonas Bros NO WAY!!!! I do hope that you have a great time!!!!

I guess it turned out that way but I just wanted to tell everyone I could because I was so excited and...well...DW (outside of my family) is the only place I could. I don't have any friends right now. I used to, but, for some reason, my friends I had don't really care about me anymore. I texted one of my friends and she didn't text me back. She always texts back when someone texts her. Even my "friends" from church don't care about me. I'm not looking for pity. I'm going to college in August so I'm bound to make new friends, but I'm just explaining the deeper reason why I posted.
We all go through times in our life when for whatever reason we feel alone against the world and friendless. It is what we do during these times that builds our character and defines and strengthens us! I have had many periods in my life like this. It will pass, I assure you. You will be better and stronger for it. You will resume some of your friendships that you feel are lost right now in the future. You will also nurture many new ones. Thank you for considering us at DW your friends. All of us here have drumming as our common bond. The glue that binds us. And Yes! We do care!

Last edited:
Back