Ambassador or Emperor toms for Rock ??

Cbuk19

Hi i dont know what to choose i have decided on an Ambassador coated snare as you get it free on Gak, but which are better for toms, for rock/rock n roll. Ambassador or Emperor ?? And Coated or Clear ??

Thanks

Hi i dont know what to choose i have decided on an Ambassador coated snare as you get it free on Gak, but which are better for toms, for rock/rock n roll. Ambassador or Emperor ?? And Coated or Clear ??

Thanks
I play mostly rock on my 24" bd kit I use Clear Emperor's on my 20" bd kit I use Coated Ambassador's.

I like coated amb. on smaller jazz type kits & clear emp. on big rock type kits I'm not saying these are the correct or only heads to use this is just my preference, you go with what you like.

Bonzolead

I use clear emperors on coated ambassadors.

I really like this combo : power , nice tone , and good proyection

Both these heads will work for you, coated or clear. Are your drums going to be miked? If not you may want the ambassadors. They will project more. If your going for a deeper tone maybe tuned a bit lower you may consider the emperors. The smooth white emperor heads are nice and warm with a very rich thud to them.

good luck.

Back