INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name? Adam Thomas
Age? 24
How long have I been playing? 10 years
Origin of username? Nickname
My top 5 drummers? Marco Minneman, Dave Grohl, Buddy Rich, Aaron Solowuniuk, Thomas Lang
Make of drumkit? HUMM DRUMS (UK CUSTOM) - Endorsee
Make of cymbals? Turkish - Endorsee
Where do I practice? - My bass player owns rehearsal and recording studio.
Am I in a band? Yes, Exit_International
Do I play covers or originals? Original
What style of music? 90's influenced grungepopdeathpunkbasscore
Favorite take out foods? Pizza
What country do I live in? Wales (sheep blah blah blah)
One really odd fact about myself? My parents are mormons, and i have an upside down cross on my kick drum skin
How did I start drumming? At my friends house at the age of 14

Used this forum for a few years as a casual passer by but 2013 was the year I decided to take the plunge and join in...

Real name? Ady Martin
Age? 37
How long have I been playing? If we're counting pots and pans and coal scuttles, about 31 years.
Origin of username? It's my name
My top 5 drummers? Just my hero's really, i don't do favourites... Levon Helm, Terry Williams, Tico Torres, Ginger Baker, Animal!
Make of drumkit? Mapex Saturn
Make of cymbals? Zildjian, Sabian, Stagg
Where do I practice? - My Cellar, rehearsal studio.
Am I in a band? Yes, Sola Virtus, Rockit
Do I play covers or originals? Both
What style of music? Indie based Rock, Pop, Roots, Classic Rock, whatever...
Favorite take out foods? KFC, Thai
What country do I live in? England
One really odd fact about myself? I'm Just Odd!
How did I start drumming? on some empty buckets as a kid, don't know why...

Real name? Tory (male)
Age? 18
How long have you been playing? about 5 years
Origin of user name? it's Latin for "drummer"
Your top 5 drummers? Mario Duplantier, John Bonham, Jojo Mayer, Brann Dailor, and Airto Moreira had some influence on me.
Make of drumkit? Ddrum, D2 :p
Make of cymbal? Zildjian for now
Where do you practice? my room
Are you in a band? no
Do you play covers or originals? just been messing around and jamming for the past 2 years. I really need to start back up on playing songs by myself and with a band.
What style of music? (at least a very basic understanding) rock, metal, drum & bass, dubstep, jazz, funk, reggae.
Favourite take out food? Taco Bell
What country do you live in? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? I believe part of my interest in drums/rhythm comes from being fascinated by an old crappy washing machine, which would make fast and basic rhythmic noises sometimes during the wash cycle. I had never taken notice of drums in music until I took lessons.
How did you start drumming? I began drumming because I started to play on a set in a local music store the few times went in there when I was about 7. When I turned 13 I was given a practice pad and drumsticks in a addition to lessons. I thought that the my teacher would like Travis Barker for some reason. (haha!)

Last edited:
Yo.

Real name? Michael Barrera
Age? 22
How long have you been playing? ~14 years
Origin of user name? It's my name in Elvish, Quenya to be exact.
Your top 5 drummers? Chris Dave, Brian Blade, Jon Karel, Sam Fogarino, Yukihiro Takahashi
Make of drumkit? Ugly old PDP drums I can't wait to replace. Snares: 13x6 Black Panther, 15x12 vintage Slingerland
Make of cymbal? Paiste, Meinl, Stagg, Wuhan
Where do you practice? Studio, home.
Are you in a band? Affirmative.
Do you play covers or originals? Originals.
What style of music? Experimental, post-hardcore, mathcore, fusion, video game soundtrack, theme music.
Favourite take out food? Pho.
What country do you live in? United States of Barbarians.
One really odd fact about yourself? Melons make me vomit.
How did you start drumming? Joined the band in elementary school.

Hi all
Been lurking for ages, I figured it's about time to join in and start posting.

Real name? Tom Alexander
Age? 29
How long have you been playing? About 16 years on and off
Origin of user name? It's the name of my blog
Your top 5 drummers? Jason Rullo, Mike Portnoy, Benny Grebb, Chris Adler, Chad Smith
Make of drumkit? Tama starclassic birch/bubinga, ahead snare drum
Make of cymbal? Sabian, Zildjian, Paiste
Where do you practice? Home, work
Are you in a band? I play for 6 bands plus dep gigs.
Do you play covers or originals? Both
What style of music? Prog-metal, rock, klezmer, reggae, balkan, blues etc.
Favourite take out food? Curry
What country do you live in? England
One really odd fact about yourself? I have a phobia of whales
How did you start drumming? Started lessons at school

Real name? Alex

Age? 21

How long have you been playing? Roughly 3 years, perhaps 4 now.

Origin of user name? Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects are one of the more known, more accessible bands (in my opinion) that people may known Agren from, who is among my favorites, not to mention I just like that type of metal.

Your top 5 drummers? 5 huh? Ouch, well in no particular order... Jimbo, Weckl, Morgan Agren, Vinnie Coluita, and Gavin Harrison.

Make of drumkit? Just a pearl export with a few Simmons electronic pads on the side.

Make of cymbal? Zildijan, most cymbals are faded. Also, paiste for the splash and ride, hopefully will be Paiste exclusive one day or another.

Where do you practice? Makeshift studio at home, primarily

Are you in a band? No.

Do you play covers or originals? Mostly, I play improvisations, so originals. Covers are mostly of easier material, lol.

What style of music? Jazz, metal, rock.

Favourite take out food? Pizza?

What country do you live in? USA.

One really odd fact about yourself? I love Mats/Morgan from a purely musical standpoint. .

How did you start drumming? Heard 2112, made an impulse decision.

How long have you been playing: A lot until I turned 18. Had to sell the kit to pay for driving lessons. Tried again in '92 on an electronic kit due to living in a flat, but that didn't work out. Now my 7 year daughter started playing....and I purchased a new kit to accommodate her...

Origin of user name: English translation of my family name

Your top 5 drummers: In order : Won't go there: too many, all so much better than me.

Make of drumkit: Roland TD11 practice kit

Make of cymbal: Roland

Where do you practice: My daughters' room

Are you in a band: No

Do you play covers or originals: Starting up again with drumless tracks

What style of music: Rock, funk.

Favourite take out food: Chinese

What country do you live in: The Netherlands

One really odd fact about yourself: I love shopping with my girls

How did you start drumming: Since I was 4, I hit every pan in the house. Joined the local marching band as that was the only way to start drumming back then. Purchased my first kit at 11 and self tutored the hell out of me. To no avail. Mediocre at best, but having a lot of fun trying. Played in bands, at school and even national television with a rockabilly band... Haha.

Real name? Jansen Richard
Age? 27
How long have I been playing? Almost 15 yeaqrs
Origin of username? It's my Youtube username
My top 5 drummers? Carter Beauford, Stanton Moore, ?uestlove, Aaron Spears, Billy Kilson
Make of drumkit? Gretsch Bop Kit, Pearl Session Custom and Obelisk (custom Canadian drummakers)
Where do I practice? My basement teaching studio
Am I in a band? Indeed
Do I play covers or originals? Both, as well as youtube covers
What style of music? All types, but I tour with a blues/ swing band
What country do I live in? Canada
One really odd fact about myself? I have an additional finger joint on my right ring finger...It always freaks people out

Check out WWW.JANSENRICHARD.COM for more

Love this site! Wish this was around back in my heyday. (Mid 90s)
Real name? Rob
Age? 43
How long have you been playing? 34 yrs.
Origin of user name? Horse at the local Harness Track. Thought the name was funny.
Your top 5 drummers? Phil Collins, Bonham, Neil Peart, Vinnie Paul, Phil Varone (Saigon Kick)
Make of drumkit? Tama Artstar
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practice? Basement
Are you in a band? Yes. Body Thief
Do you play covers or originals? Originals
What style of music? Rock
Favourite take out food? Pizza
What country do you live in? United States
One really odd fact about yourself? I love playing Hard Rock/Metal, but don't really look or act the part. Had a really good singer try out for our established band. He said he'd join if they got another drummer. They talked him into coming back, and told him not to watch me, just feel the music.We played a couple tunes, he turned around and said "I'm in". Then they told me what was up. We played together for quite a few years after that.
How did you start drumming? Dad played. Got me into lessons when I was 9.

I'm happy to have this site for an old guy getting back into drumming.

My real Name; Dan Reaume
Age; 57
How long have you been playing? I started in grade school at age 11 after the clarinet wasn't working out.
Origin of user name; I'm a drag racer and was part of a 2 car team "double trouble"
Your top 5 drummers; Ginger Baker, Keith Moon, Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Steve Smith
Make of drum kit; Slingerland
Make of cymbal; Zildgian
Where do you practice?; at home in the man cave
Are you in a band?; I play in worship at church
Do you play covers or originals?; Both
What style of music?; Contemporary Christian
Favorite take out food; anything free
What country do you live in?; USA in the Southwest
Relly odd fact about yourself; I'm left handed but learned to play right handed. I played in rock bands around Detroit, MI and the downriver in the mid '70's and at the same time played with my uncle Oscar at weddings and parties playing polkas, square dances, you name it! I moved to Arizona in 1980 and got into church and played with 3 different bands before losing 1/2 of my kit to theft. I went back to michigan to salvage what I had left behind and have 3 pieces of my Slingerland 5 piece purple kit from about 1971, an older WMP 16" floor tom, and a couple of other drums and pieces.
I've been out of music since 1992 and last year got involved at a new church and play in worship and I have a new desire to play and learn.

I'm glad to have a forum like this to get a world of knowledge from all of you on the forum.

New from Los Angeles

Stephanie
Software Engineer with hobby playing drums (started in high school)

Origin of user name?
I like the rhumba beat.

Your top 5 drummers?
Jojo Mayer, Vinnie Caluita, Dave Weckl, Peter Erskine, John Riley

Make of drumkit? Pearl Reference
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Bosphorus, Istanbul,
Where do you practice? Garage
Are you in a band? Yes
Do you play covers or originals? both
What style of music? rock
Favourite take out food? Pizza
What country do you live in? United States
One really odd fact about yourself? I'm transgendered
How did you start drumming? brother played

Age? 59
How long have you been playing? That story will follow this interrogation. :)
Origin of user name? Chipotle powder, good on almost anything.
Your top 5 drummers? Tony Williams, Levon Helm, Elvin Jones, B.J. Wilson
Make of drum kit? Yamaha DTX 530
Make of cymbal? ditto
Where do you practice? home
Are you in a band? no

Favourite take out food? Big W's ribs
What country do you live in? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? I seem to have gravitated towards ridiculously time consuming interests. Golf, 3D animation, Drums
How did you start drumming? I hung out with some musicians and started mucking about with the drum kit.

Started playing drums while in high school (1969 or so). I tired of smoke filled bars in the mid 80's and sold my kit, got a day job and took up golf. Unless you were gigging back in the day you don't know how lucky you are that most (if not all) gigs are now in a smoke free environment. After twenty some years drum patterns still run thru my head and now at 59 I've decided drums might be a good Winter time activity. Cutting firewood and shoveling snow is ok but it seems like the time is right to start playing again. Though golf will take precedence during the season I'm sure I can find time for both.

In my current living situation electronic drums are the only way to go so last week I tried some out and bought the first pair of sticks I've had in decades. My Yamaha DTX530's will be here this week.

I can't believe how inept my hands are. If it's like riding a bike, I better not try riding a bike for I'ld surely kill myself.

So now along with golf related exercises I have drum related exercises. I've seen a few threads in these forums about folks wondering if they're too old to take up drums. I wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoy the ride, the crash and the hi-hats etc.

Hi fellow drummers! I am a 31 year old first time user of this kind of thing. My User name is just my name. I currently play on some old pearl exports but i am in the process of refinishing a old stage custom. The last year the stage customs made the indonesion shells with mahogony as well as birch. then I will sell My exports.(way over due on that) Most of my cymbals are sabian with one wohan china. I starting drumming in Southgate MI at about age 11. My freshman year my drumline won a state championship that to this day was probably the best day of my life. I consider myself a rudimental drummer.
I am kind of a jack of all trades master of none. I work for conair but have been doing carpentry on the side for years. This has worked out great in my drum refinishing projects. I would love to work til i die refinishing drums and hardware. Thats about it for me. i will be posting my b4 and afters soon. Keep bangin! Take Care!

How long have you been playing: Since 13, on and off during University, rarely recently due to living situation.
Origin of user name: Inuit word for wolf (in Inuktitut).
Your top 5 drummers: Jose Pasillas, John Dolmayan, Danny Carey, Chad Smith, Buddy Rich
Make of drumkit: Tama Starclassic Performer
Make of cymbal: Sabian
Where do you practice: Living room on practice pad
Are you in a band: I play informally for a few groups and as a house drummer at an open mic.
Do you play covers or originals: Mostly covers, but a few originals (as a sit in drummer).
What style of music: Folk, Rock, Funk, Swing, Punk, et al.
Favourite take out food: Subway
What country do you live in: Canada
One really odd fact about yourself: Fantastic swimmer.
How did you start drumming: Parents got my brother a cheap kit for Christmas one year. He gave up, I decided to not let them go to waste and picked it up as a hobby. One highschool band later and I was hooked.

How long have you been playing: 3
Your top 5 drummers: Benny Greb, Chad Smith, Neil Peart, Tommy Lee, Tre Cool
Make of drums: Westbury 5 pc Acoustic, Yamaha tdk-500 e-kit
Make of cymbal: Sabian AAs crashes splash and china, b8 pro ride, and ziljian k hats
Where do you practice: My basement, and my bass players band room
Are you in a band: Yes
Do you play covers or originals: Mostly covers, but a few originals
What style of music: mainly punk rock, but play a bit of everything from dance to some thrash depending on the gig/crowd
Favourite take out food: Wendy's
What country do you live in: Canada
One really odd fact about yourself: I'm 6'5 inches short
How did you start drumming: Two of my uncles play in successful coverbands locally, I saw them play and wanted to do it too. I started in a band when I went over to a friend of a friends house and he had a full band room in his basement complete with a drum set. Turned out he played the bass and the rest is history.

Howdy!!
How long have you been playing: 33 yrs
Origin of user name: something that I've used forever, not sure really.
Your top 5 drummers: Vinnie Colaiuta, David Garibaldi, Neil Peart, Thomas Haake, Eddy Christmas
Make of drumkit: Sonor, Tama
Make of cymbal: Zildjian K & A, Sabian AA & HH, Paiste Sig., home made variations.
Where do you practice: my house
Do you play covers or originals: Both
What style of music: Worship, Blues, classic Rock, Funk, Prog Rock, Prog Metal
Favourite take out food: THICK crust Pizza
What country do you live in: USA
One really odd fact about yourself: I went to school at a one room schoolhouse till 5th grade.
How did you start drumming: my mom got me a toy snare drum when I was real young, Also played in church as a kid.

How long have you been playing: 15 years, not that you'd be able to tell.
Origin of user name: I'm Andre form South Africa
Your top 5 drummers: Chris Adler, Tomas Haake, Fredrik Andersson, Daniel Svensson,Vince paul
Make of drumkit: Tama
Make of cymbal: Meinl, and borrowing a Zildjian
Where do you practice: Spare room
Do you play covers or originals: Originals
What style of music: Metal
Favourite take out food: A good burger
What country do you live in: USA
One really odd fact about yourself: I love peanut butter, and chocolate, but can't stand the two together.
How did you start drumming: I begged and pleaded my folks to find me a teacher after my brother started guitar.

Hey guys! New here!
How long have I been playing: 13-14 years
Origin of my username: my italian short name (michi) and one of my band's name, coma!
Top 5 drummers: Uli Kusch, Gavin Harrison, Chris Coleman, Federico Paulovich, Raphael Saini
Make of Drumkit: Drumcraft DC8 Birch
Make of Cymbals: Meinl, Sabian
Where do you practice: My own rehearsal room/home studio
Are you or were you in a band: Yeah, with my thrash metal band COMA we have just released an album, and we toured europe supporting metal legends MASTER. Right now I'm in the middle of pre-production recording sessions for a new project with the bass player from Charlie Dominici
Covers or originals: Originals!
Style of music: Thrash with Coma, More melodic/progrtessive/speed with the other project
Drink: Water, lemon tea
How did I start drumming: Self-taught when I was like 11-12, then I started Study with a couple of teachers

Back