Demon Drive or Axis AL2

Exeptionel

Hi all fancy rock drummers. I think it's time for me to upgrade my drum pedals. I have a double bass drum set which needs a new pair of pedals. I'm going to buy a double pedal which I can convert to two single pedals. I'm aiming for Demon drives or Axis AL2-Longboards.
Which should I take? The price is lower on the demon drives and I feel that they are closest to my heart at the moment. But are the Axis pedals a better choice?

Hi all fancy rock drummers. I think it's time for me to upgrade my drum pedals. I have a double bass drum set which needs a new pair of pedals. I'm going to buy a double pedal which I can convert to two single pedals. I'm aiming for Demon drives or Axis AL2-Longboards.
Which should I take? The price is lower on the demon drives and I feel that they are closest to my heart at the moment. But are the Axis pedals a better choice?

What type of genre do you oftenly play? What techique do you use when playing double bass? I have the Axis XL-2's Longboards and i simple love them, i have big feet so that's a + for me, if your thinking of getting the AL-2's they have the "VDL" variable drive lever system. With this mechanism you can adjust the whole feel of the pedal from a hard, medium, light feel without having to touch your springs, Plus they can be turned to 2 singles which is what im doing as soon i get my other trigger. In my opinion the DD are just standard pedals for me, with Skate bearings which is good for smoothness, a shaft that is customized as well the conversion from short to longboard, and when it's converted to longboards the pedals can feel weird, but hey it's all about preferance and comfort, you have the free desicion to purchase what you consider best for you, price wise i think Axis cranked the price up on the A's that are pretty close to the demons. Good luck with the purchase! \m/

Thank you for the fast responses. I have size 8 on my feets so I guess that I have something in between.
I like to play blast beats and as fast as I can so my friends told me to go for the axis pedals. A bad thing about living on the country is that you don't get access to a local music store. So I trust in your experiences with the pedals. So don't feel any preasure... (joke)

D DRIVE has a bump on the foot board, make sure you can live with it b/f you buy.

That bump took a little getting used to........now I actually quite like it. It acts as a great referance point to exactly where my foot is on the footboard, I've found.

Love the new avatar Les.......between your newest pic an Bo's soon to be ex-missus.....well, a man could get himelf into a lotta strife!! :)

Exeptional, I haven't tried the Axis, but am now completely happy with the DD. The last direct pedal I'd played was an old Speed King when I was learning to play, so it took me a little while to feel completely comfortable with the response and acuracy of direct pedals. Direct drives are very honest and that took some adapting to........but after playing the things for a while now, these pedals are keepers.

I can't compare with the Axis for you, but the DD's will certainly get the job done. The rest comes down to preferance. As stated, it's always good to try out if you can. Given the cost, I'd suggest a day trip into town and suss them out for yourself. It's a lot of money to spend on a "best guess".....better to know for sure.

Thank you for the fast responses. I have size 8 on my feets so I guess that I have something in between.
I like to play blast beats and as fast as I can so my friends told me to go for the axis pedals. A bad thing about living on the country is that you don't get access to a local music store. So I trust in your experiences with the pedals. So don't feel any preasure... (joke)

I play mostly death metal, so if your into blasts and fast double bass and such, the longboards will do the trick for you, you can even play them with your foot all the way down on the longboard sticker, if you can't try them locally that sucks, i ordered mines on MF and got them shipped to the carribean where i live, so i had never tried them till i got them, took me a few to get used to them, once i got a
The hang of them it has been amazing since then!!!

I will probably do a "day" trip into town and try both pedals

Furious blaster, can you give me the link to the MF site? I have no idea what MF is. I''ve found a nice price on the Axis pedals on GuitarCenter but I would like to compare what "MF" has to offer.

Thanks for the help so far!

I will probably do a "day" trip into town and try both pedals

Furious blaster, can you give me the link to the MF site? I have no idea what MF is. I''ve found a nice price on the Axis pedals on GuitarCenter but I would like to compare what "MF" has to offer.

Thanks for the help so far!

MF = Musicians Friend
DW: Drummerworld or Drum Workshop
BB: Brigitte Bardot

B.

Thanks a lot!

The prize seems to be the same. I guess 600$ is the cheapest prize I can find for the Axis AL2-Longboards.
I'll see what my nearest music store can offer me for bringing a pair of those home to the store for me

Well I know everyone is different but Tim Waterson (worlds fastest feet) uses Axis and he swears they are the best. Just something to think about if you do blast beats and double bass.

He could probably give you some good direction if you ask him on his thread in the drummers section of this forum.

Thanks for the tip.

But I'm more of a lonewolf so to speak. I've never in my life taken a drum lesson. I practice hard and find my own ways to improve my drumming skills

Good then now is your time to take advantage on the X's if you get to buy Axis, and don't worry i'm a self taugh drummer to, so just stay informed about rudimments and drumming information to get a good dicipline, good luck on the purchase desicion!

Just saw that MF has a special offer on the X-L2 longboards. 470$ seems like a super prize to me

The 21 degree thingy is not available on the AXIS X BTW

Why? Cuz the X is already set-up for max leverage, its the 'A' model with its twiddly variable drive lever that needs the power boost X already has in its design.

AXIS has also gone back to their original heel plate hinge design, no more loc tite and pin. My original 1990 Model A short board is now owned by a drum rental co, still going and no problems, it has the old style heel plate hinge which remains solid. My new(er) X pedals have the loc tite rear hinge, Im actually heating them in the oven today to take up the slightest bit of slack that's there, this after about 8 years on them.

Upgrade to new hinge is $20 also new are metal washers under the long boards heel plate rear to replace the nylon ones that may compress after time.

Back