John Bonham

537087_523612281018982_1736452925_n.jpg

Pocket full of Pennies & Watso; where do you guys actually come from? Who uses Jordison and "hip" in the same context? Who uses the term "hip" anymore period? Although I think Barker and Jordinson are decent, they are consistently listed in the top 5 of over-rated drummers polls (for what that's worth). On the other hand, if you aren't familiar with the name "Bonzo," you don't really "know" drums. Uninspired fills? Bonham? Another testament to your ignorance. Learn from your predecessors, you might (doubtful) advance to the big show. Stewart Copeland, "I don't use the double bass pedal a lot – just for the occasional flash and effect – but there is one particular thing that it can do; it works like a paradiddle: If you've landed on your foot but you need to get back up to your snare drum, but you need two beats to get your there, you can do go, 'ba-da-bahh!' It's ergonomics. "Now, John Bonham would have just done that with one foot because he was John Bonham. Because he was... the mountain."

Pocket full of Pennies & Watso; where do you guys actually come from? Who uses Jordison and "hip" in the same context? Who uses the term "hip" anymore period? Although I think Barker and Jordinson are decent, they are consistently listed in the top 5 of over-rated drummers polls (for what that's worth). On the other hand, if you aren't familiar with the name "Bonzo," you don't really "know" drums. Uninspired fills? Bonham? Another testament to your ignorance. Learn from your predecessors, you might (doubtful) advance to the big show. Stewart Copeland, "I don't use the double bass pedal a lot – just for the occasional flash and effect – but there is one particular thing that it can do; it works like a paradiddle: If you've landed on your foot but you need to get back up to your snare drum, but you need two beats to get your there, you can do go, 'ba-da-bahh!' It's ergonomics. "Now, John Bonham would have just done that with one foot because he was John Bonham. Because he was... the mountain."

For your first post your really don't understand the two guys you called out. Both were being funny, that's all.

For your first post your really don't understand the two guys you called out. Both were being funny, that's all.

Funny? I'm easily the most serious and focused poster here. Travis Barker is a much more solid player than "sloppy bonzo". Known far and wide for his sloppy playing.

Are we going to have to get you two a tent and a barbecue? Just so you can spend quality time with each other during the winter months?

Just enough beer to last for that whole winter is all I need. Tents are for Bonham loving wimps, and a BBQ? Real men eat raw, while the animal is still alive.

Ok, ok, maybe I should change my user name to "hook, line, and sinker."

In any case, I vote you don't change it to Sherlock.

Don't worry. Next time we'll get one of those flashing "Laughter and Applause" signs they use for the studio audience, so you'll know when to giggle. :)

Last edited:
In any case, I vote you don't change it to Sherlock. :)

Sherlock and Watson decide to go on a camping trip outside London, in the Kent orchards.

Looking up at the stars, Sherlock say to Watson:

'So, what does the sky tell you?'

'Well, I see we are expecting good weather tomorrow, that the wind is moving in a South-Easterly direction and that we are facing South because I can see the planet Saturn. We might do well to wrap up warm tonight because the lack of cloud cover tells me it's going to be cold.'

'What about you Sherlock, what do you see?'

'That we've forgotten our sodding tent'.

Hey Bonham fans! I found this picture of John from 1980 and I couldn't figure out what one of the cymbals he was using was, the ride is his usual 2oo2 24 inch and the hi-hats are the 2oo2 25 sound edge, he also has his normal 2oo2 18 crash/medium and even a 16 crash/medium on his left. The crash to his right looks very big almost maybe a 22 inch on the far left? What do you guys think it is?

Attachments

• may80-jb2.jpg
    may80-jb2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,110
Hey Bonham fans! I found this picture of John from 1980 and I couldn't figure out what one of the cymbals he was using was, the ride is his usual 2oo2 24 inch and the hi-hats are the 2oo2 25 sound edge, he also has his normal 2oo2 18 crash/medium and even a 16 crash/medium on his left. The crash to his right looks very big almost maybe a 22 inch on the far left? What do you guys think it is?

he used a 20" med crash 2002 back then so maybe that it.

Bonzolead

Back