Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz here!

Milk??!! Well, perhaps if there was vodka and Kahlua mixed in... :)

LOL, well it was what was in the big container backstage. Lots of little milk cartons, so anyone walking past just kinda grabbed one. I like your attitude though. I actually went through quite a few mudslides over this past weekend. :D

Oh man, at that show, this one guy also argued with Al for like five solid effing minutes about whether or not he wrote "Baby Got Jack", which was just HILARIOUS to witness.

But I've never turned down a gig based on musical preference, because basically, I like playing drums, and the music around me doesn't really affect that passion. I do like some genres better than others, but I don't dislike a style enough to avoid playing drums when given the opportunity.

I play whenever I can.

Bermuda

I wholeheartedly agree and practice this sentiment.

Cool, that stage spins, so I'll keep an eye out as we come around!

Bermuda

John was the first "known" drummer that helped me when I was coming up. He even lent me one of his kits for an audition in L.A. We were both impact endorsers together. We have remained friends ever since and thats like 20 years ago. Great Guy. Always a pleasure to see John.

Thanks, and hi Joe! :)

Bermuda

YOU WERE IN PHOENIX TONIGHT AT CELEBRITY. I WANTED TO COME SEE YOU AND HANG. I WAS IN THE STUDIO ALL DAY I WAS GONNA HAVE YOU COME OVER BUT I DIDN'T REALIZE YOU WERE IN TOWN UNTIL SOMEONE TOLD ME. HEY MAN I TRIED CALLING YOU BUT I THINK I HAVE AN OLD NUMBER. HIT ME BACK SO WE CAN SHARE THE CURRENT INFO. Was surprised you didn't give me a call.

[email protected] is my email.

Would have been nice to see you.

hope your travels are going well

joe

Hey Jon.....I've just been sent a "get in early" email from Ticketmaster regarding several things....one of them being Weird Al in March next year at the Palais in Melbourne. I'd be lying if I said I was a huge Weird Al fan, but my time spent here on DW reading your stuff has turned me into a bit of a Bermuda fan and I'd love to come and see you play mate.

I know it's a long ways off, but if/when you get more details, I'd be very interested to know if there a chance one of the local stores may get you in for a clinic or a general chat? I'd be really interested in this angle if you have anything to add going forward.

Cheers mate.

I know it's a long ways off, but if/when you get more details, I'd be very interested to know if there a chance one of the local stores may get you in for a clinic or a general chat?

That's a Wednesday, and it would have to be during the afternoon, which is hard on attendance. I'd love to do a clinic there, but I doubt many people would be able to go. :(

We played the Palais in 2003 and really dug it, the shops in St. Kilda, and what we nsaw of Melbourne. I'm looking forward to coming back!

Bermuda

Saw Weird Al play at the Enmore last night. Awesome show - and it really is a show, not just a gig. PFOG, don't miss the show when they come down to Melbourne! Try to make sure your wife sits as close as possible to the centre aisle ...

Without giving away the gags, some highlights for me were the Nirvana, White Stripes, Doors, Devo and Kinks parodies (and White and Nerdy) ... not sure who the stripy suit guy with the funk backing was supposed to be but it was classic :)

Jon, thanks for a buzz of a night.Your versatile playing and general gig control were tremendous, and I had a ball! Sorry about being such a clueless tour guide so thanks too for helping me find my way around lol

The pleasure was mine, you're a real sweetheart! Here we are afterward:

enmore.jpg

Good one, Jon! Geez, I should have taken the pass off before the shot in hindsight (or worn a blue t-shirt).

Al's and my hair are almost like one amorphous, woolly mass :) and it's a good shot of the slimmed down Bermuda, eh?

Hair??? What is it with this forum and its obsession with damn hair??? Hair this, hair that....it's all I ever read about here. My hairline is closer to Jon's that it is to Weird Al OR Polly. So please, enjoy your follicles you lucky buggers!!

PFOG, don't miss the show when they come down to Melbourne! Try to make sure your wife sits as close as possible to the centre aisle ...

On it Pol......a chance to see "a guy who's been on the Simpson's" strutting his stuff? I'm all over it. Now where eactly should I seat Mrs Pocket again?.....although, after the dreaded Dame Edna/Sir Les Patterson experience, doubt she'll ever trust my seating arrangements again!! :)

That's a cute picture Polly! Brother and Sister together...who's the elder?

I admire Jon's power of persuasion to have you taken a picture, right Polly?
Regarding the hair...I bet Jon wants some, You and Al better pass some onto him!!! ;-)

Good one, Jon! Geez, I should have taken the pass off before the shot in hindsight (or worn a blue t-shirt).

Al's and my hair are almost like one amorphous, woolly mass :) and it's a good shot of the slimmed down Bermuda, eh?

Hey,
My girlfriend and I saw the Weird Al show last night at the Hard Rock, it was our first concert, and we both really enjoyed it, thanks for putting on such a show. Also, your drum solos are some of the best I've ever seen, I think I will have to practice the reprise of the one you played last night :)

Back