new shells have finally arrived

BrokenGlass

Well, after almost a year wait my new Keller shells have arrived.

The original plan was to take all the hardware off of the previous drums (silver sparkle) and put them on this kit. However, due to hard times financial wise at the time I had to sell the silver drums with the hardware.

Now I'm left with 3 shells with all holes drilled. I was thinking about switching to black powdercoated or black chrome hardware.

The shells are drilled for ego flat tops, bass spurs, and air vents, but also the badges.

My question is do you or anyone you know make drums? I know there are a couple of you on here. If you can message me with a price quote on how much it would run to finish putting these together.

If not, do you know of anyone who makes badges? I can put the drums together myself minus the missing badges.

Any help is appreciated.

IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2530.jpg

IMG_2531.jpg

cant help you with prices, but i feel like black chrome hardware would look incredible... just my opinion. good luck finding everything

cant help you with prices, but i feel like black chrome hardware would look incredible... just my opinion. good luck finding everything

Just my opinion as well but... I think black hardware would look just plain ugly on these drums. I like the look of chrome.

If you need help putting together the drums or a price quote I would get a hold of the folks on ghostnote. Those guys really know what they're doing as far as putting together drums.

Do you have the new hardware? It's just putting screws thru the holes and tightening them down.
If you go to www.amdrumparts.com you can see the different types of hardware, lugs etc and will tell you the center to center measurement for the different lugs. Let me know if that helps.
This lug for instance needs two holes 1 1/2 inches on center.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 432
Do you have the new hardware? It's just putting screws thru the holes and tightening them down.
If you go to www.amdrumparts.com you can see the different types of hardware, lugs etc and will tell you the center to center measurement for the different lugs. Let me know if that helps.

im more or less worried about finding a replacement badge since the holes are already drilled. I figured if i could find a drum maker that could do that might as well have them do the rest as well.

You can look on eBay for badges also. You only need three.

In addition to checking over at ghostnote, I would recommend trying a trophy shop, to see if they can make you custom badges. I don't know if you already have specific badges in mind, but this would be a nice way to put your own creative touch on the kit. I definitely think you should finish it yourself. The hard stuff is already done, and I love the blue glass glitter. I think black chrome or chrome hardware would look best, but just plain black might look good too. Keep us posted with the progress.

what badges are you looking for?

and yes..check ghostnote out...

sizes?

and why'd you go with a whole new kit versus the DD one?

Alex

there were issues with the other kit. The wrap had issues and the spurs were drilled in the wrong spot. These are the replacement shells that were supposed to be in almost a year ago.

I cannot help for hardware but that shell looks sexy... I love
blue sparkles drums... With black chrome, it will be perfect !!

By the way, Grunters, who's that girl in your avatar ??? I love
blue sparkles drum :)

Phil.

It's ultimately up to you but I also think chrome, or even a white powdercoat would look best.
Good luck!

Back