Eric Singer

I like Eric Singers drumming a lot.

Very solid, plays the tunes with cool flair without overplaying, and adds some showmanship.

The Kiss Rock The Nation is a fun vid to watch. I dig the way you can just watch one member.

I got into Kiss in the 70's, and Peter Criss did some slick, swinging parts on the first few albums.

The concert footage of PC back then is real cool...too bad he can't play like that today.

I guess he had bad wrist problems at one time.

Yeah, "She" is a cool track, the drum part of "Watchin' You" on Alive! is cool and fun to play.
The first fill in "Hotter Than Hell" on the studio album is a good one too.

But, the playing on the Tiger Stadium concert is WEAK at best.
No fills in Deuce? Come ON!
On Destroyer & after, the songs changed, and PC's style got way more simplistic (maybe the drugs...?) The fills all over the toms in some of the "filler" Gene songs on R&RO are kinda lame I always though....

But, I LOVE the snare sound PC had on tracks like Christine 16, Shock Me, Rocket Ride, Larger Than Life...tons of character.

I was not a huge fan of Eric Carr. I did like him, & he did some cool stuff, don't get me wrong.

It wasn't a "where's Peter?" thing with me.

Watching Eric Carr play....he seemed really stiff armed, and I don't think he had much feel to his playing....maybe it's just me, but his stuff seemed just 'rock' without anything else a lot of the time.

Maybe it was just Kiss TRYING too hard to fit in somewhere because everything in the 80's was changing so fast all the time...That's a good take....next!...maybe?..

I Love it Loud, and War Machine are cool tracks, not just for the drum sound, but the feel is good on those.... I know a lot of people will disagree with me on EC, it's just my oppinion....

If people got into Kiss with EC in the band, yeah, they'd dig him a lot.

His kits were real cool though...AND Ludwig!!...too much snare tilt though....and they mic'ed his cymbals crapy live.....blahblahblahbitchbitchbitch.... haha!

He seemed like a really super cool guy though, and it's a real shame that he passed.
Good singer too, I gotta give him that.

Anyway...Singer is a cool drummer, and yes, the stuff on the first Badlands album is VERY cool.

I've seen him Singer Cooper as well, and he rocks with him too.

He's kind like Tommy Aldridge in that he's always 'himself' when he plays, which is cool IMO.
I have a friend that knows him fairly well, and he say's he's a really cool guy.

Last edited:
i disagree ... none of the old songs/pre 80's which carr has played live has impressed me.. neither has the other songs .. but he isnt bad.. far from it.

does anyone know if singer has played the alice copper song "i love the dead" (i think it is called that)... ?

no...that was neal smith, with the original band....neal was my biggest idol, until i got into neil peart and alex van halen....smith was definitely an under-rated drummer......

no...that was neal smith, with the original band....neal was my biggest idol, until i got into neil peart and alex van halen....smith was definitely an under-rated drummer......

Singer has maybe played it "live" in the AC band...if it's been in the set.

Neal Smith!!!
That guy rocks. The stuff he and Dennis Dunaway did....so cool.

Neal Smith!!!

Ooops i might have got that wrong,it could have been Black Widow that Eric did a solo,have to check..

I wish he would have stuck with Badlands. That first album is killer.
I was wondering if anybody was going to mension "Badlands" Eric's drums on that album kicked-ass and with Jake E. Lee and one of the best rock singers of all-time Ray Gillien may he R.I.P. IMO one of the most under-rated bands ever.

Keep Swattin'
Bonzolead

Eric Carr is far superior to Peter Criss, no arguing that.

I'm eagerly awaiting some more projects from Singer and co. I've seen him live a few times and got to meet him at conventions. He is a very technical drummer and I could see how some people say he's just going through the motions.

Alice is playing Sturgis this year so hopefully I get to check him out there!!

on the Eric Carr-Peter Criss debate both drummers have great styles and are great drummers I had the chance of meeting Eric Carr backstage at a KISS concert I believe it was his last tour with them("Hot in the Shade tour) we got on the Bonham subject since he was our favorite drummer and we talked for about 20 minutes a very cool guy and just a warm person it really bummed me out when he passed.just like the saying "only the good die young" about Eric Singer he's one of those great all-around rock drummers that I would put in the class of Tommy Alridge,Cozy Powell and others.Great Feel & Power

Keep Swattin',
Bonzolead

Eric Singer is real good with Kiss on the Rocks The Nation DVD.
Very fun to watch.

PC was "my" era of big Kiss fandom.

Carr was good, but totally different, so the band changed--that's not good or bad.

I liked the kits that Carr had (and they were Ludwig!) they always looked cool.

I know they sounded better than what is captured on video for the concert footage.

The video concert sound is pretty weak.

Last year I jammed with some guys for a show and we did 3 Badlands songs.

They were fun to play.

Singer had a very Bonham-ish approach on that stuff.

Love that Badlands debut. Singer's great on it. Wish Jake E. Lee would come out of hiding and make some new music..

Singer is a top notch rock drummer, very solid. He brings a whole new dimension to Kiss material whether it be this Kiss era, or the Revenge era (1992).

I like everything about his playing, one of the best rock drummers around today, its such a shame he doesn't receive more recognition. He is a very technical player too, very heavy on rudiments.

Great drummer.

Proud to be a longtime friend and colleague of Eric's.
Saw him for the first time in '86 with Sabbath. Met him a
few years later with Gary Moore and we've kept in touch since.

Can't keep up with the different gigs and times the wife and I
have gone out to see him. Especially love his work with KISS,
Coop, Brian May and Badlands.

Gifted gigging player in the tradition of Cozy Powell and Tommy Aldridge.

Neal Smith!!!

i believe he has played it live, on the "brutal planet" tour, DVD.....i also seen him play " halo of flies" and that blew me away.....he pulls off the neal stuff awesome.....

i love neal....between his drumming, which was grossly under-rated, and just his larger than life attitude, the dude personified being a rock star....

seems he has a problem with other drummers doing his parts though....i'm not real sure why??
nonetheless, the guy was a huge influence on my playing when i first started out....and as far as eric goes, what can i say about him that hasn't already been said?? killer player, very powerful, and plays what is right for the song....
check out his playing on the ESP cd....absolutely love it....very tasteful playing, and very powerful...

Count me as an Eric Singer fan. He has chops, groove, taste, and finesse. And above all, he's one of the nicest guys you'll meet in the business.

Great, great drummer.

I noticed to my knowledge there is no thread on Eric, but i didnt look through all the drummer pages. Anywho I think the guys a great solid drummer and love all his work with Alice Cooper, Kiss and ESP. Especially the two kiss albums he's played on Revenge and Sonic Boom, and I'm sure alot of people would say sonic boom sucks or watever but there's great drumming on that. He's very locked in and pure rock.

ericsinger20.jpg

Eric%20Singer.jpg

2_ericbirthday.jpg

You forgot to mention Black Sabbath, Gary Moore, Badlands and Lita Ford..

Eric rocks!!!

Here's a 2 part interview with him: HERE

he's become a huge influence on me over the past year, shit im even starting to model my kit like his and i find his versions of old alice songs and kiss songs very unique. and he's killer live.

Back