Casey Grillo

gwaco

hi everyone! my daughter made a suggestion that i start a casey grillo thread as we could not find anything on here about him so here it is !
we've already put the bug in his ear that we would be doing something like this so hopefully he will come on here ( time permitting ) and answer any questions anyone may have .
from our standpoint we have come to know casey thru my daughters want to play the drums and her seeing him at a drum clinic . so after making contact with him he now teaches my daughter and she couldn't be happier ! who wouldn't want there hero to be their teacher !
for those that have never heard of mr. grillo he is the drummer for the group Kamelot and also put out the drumming dvd " pedals to the metal " . here is a clip from one of his drum clinics , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si8_M1bgO4g . it was this clinic that got my daughter interested in drumming , and me getting the pleasure of putting her set together for her .
though i don't know exactly how to describe his style since i'm not a drummer , i can say that i am always in awe when i have heard him in person and on kamelot cds. i do know that buddy rich was the biggest influence on him so maybe that translates into his style.
as a person he has to be one of the nicest straight up guys and a great influence on young drummers as i have never seen him snub anyone at anything we have seen him at . he's willing to talk to anyone , me included l.o.l. , and i don't just mean "hey whats up " i mean as much time as you need to get your thoughts conveyed to him !
i mean come on ' how many other big named drummers hang out in town and due gigs every weekend ( when not on tour ) with two other local bands !
somebody else out there has to have some sort of story or input to add !

Last edited:
I didn't know who Kamelot's drummer was but I thought he was awesome! I loved their song "Center of the Universe". He's an awesome drummer.
I didn't even look at that vid. until after I post this. My bad.

That was a surprise! Casey is a good friend and client of mine and one of the most underrated guys out there. I am surprised that more people have not commented on those vids which were taken at a drum clinic at Seminole Music in Florida. He can do the metal thing and he hasgood enough technique to play anything else. He is a a humble guy who is extremely talented - oh and the surprise is that I am the guy who introduces Casey at the beginning of one of the vids!

Paul

jennifer and "mister humble"
picture.php

humble is an understatement ! yes i remember seeing you there paul - not so bad yourself as a drummer !

You are very kind! You should try to bring Jennifer out to Seminole tonight! John Blackwell - another friend and client - is playing a clinic tonight! Come and find me if you can come and we will try to get Jennifer some Blackwell Schwag!

Paul

Back